What inventions were made in the 19th century
1900 to 1901: hairdryer, honeycomb cooler, cutting torch, tracked vehicle and drum washing machine
Electric hair dryer
Drum washing machine
Electric hair dryer - inventor: 1900 AEG
What the curling iron had to do in earlier times was blown by hot air from around 1900: the hair dryer. The world's first electric hairdryer was basically portable, but it was probably very heavy. He also maltreated the hairdressing customers with air at around 90 degrees. In the years to come the devices soon became lighter, more hair-friendly and more efficient. In addition, the idea came up that the hair dryers could also be helpful for other areas of the body and blew the hot air onto boils and rheumatic backs, among other things.
Honeycomb radiator in a car - inventor: 1900 Wilhelm Maybach
A modern car radiator contains around six liters of cooling water. In the 19th century, around three times as much was required for effective engine cooling. The decisive invention was the honeycomb cooler devised by Wilhelm Maybach from 1900. It consisted of over 8,000 square tubes and enabled the engineers to use significantly more powerful car engines from now on.
Burning cutting - inventor: 1901 Ernst Menne
Temperatures of up to 5500 degrees Celsius arise at the outlet opening of a modern cutting torch - that is, as much as on the surface of the sun. The working principle of the cutting flame (called oxygen lance in technical jargon) was developed by the German blast furnace technician Ernst Menne in 1901. With the oxygen lance, oxygen flows under high pressure through a metal tube and ignites at the preheated tip of the tube. The metal itself and the oxygen generate heat in a thermal reaction that melts even the hardest steels.
Tracked vehicle inventor: 1901 Alvin Lombard
The world's first tracked vehicle looked similar to a steam locomotive, was actually powered by steam and was called the “Lombard Steam Log Hauler”. The inventor of this steam tug, the Englishman Alvin Lombard, equipped the vehicle with a so-called crawler belt. Nowadays, numerous construction machines, caterpillars and tanks are on the move with a similar chain. The purpose of the crawler belt was and is to give the vehicle better traction, especially on uneven, steep and muddy surfaces.
Drum washing machine - inventor: 1901 Karl Louis Krauss
The German Karl Louis Krauss was one of the busiest and most successful inventors of household appliances. In his metal goods factory in the Ore Mountains, he manufactured bathtubs, washing machines, hot water bottles and wash bowls, among other things. His most important invention was the drum washing machine from 1901. Its special feature was the perforated drum with which the laundry could be moved through the soapy water. In contrast to today's washing machines, Krauss ‘first had to be moved by hand and generated large amounts of steam during the washing process.
- What are automated machine guns
- How does war affect men against women
- What is the epistemic context
- Which words do you misunderstand most often?
- What are your Durga Puja Dress Ups
- What are Newtonian and non-Newtonian currents
- Why is the 8051 microcontroller called that
- Why do people yearn for fame
- How can you balance Redis instances
- What is the Haldane Effect
- Which programming languages does Numenta
- Who should learn Linux
- How can I make calls with Messenger
- How many counties are there in Vermont
- How do I use Prismacolor watercolor pencils
- How popular is Google's Material Design
- You were someone's weakness
- What are the properties of NH3
- When was the ISS manned for the first time?
- Is wrong, think not allowed on Quora
- What is Gaal Ni Kadni
- What is my youtube channel link
- What are famous prayers in history
- Count the breadcrumbs as internal links
- How much does a social security card cost
- Obesity is a consequence of neurosis
- Do you think pop quizzes are fair
- Which countries offer ibogaine treatment?
- How is a ski jumping distance measured
- How is garbage disposed of in space
- Did dinosaurs evolve into lizards?
- What are B and B creams
- If already oxidized sodium would react with water