Where can I buy 100 puppies
Buying animals Illegal Puppy Trafficking: What To Look For When Buying a Dog
Legal background for the puppy trade
According to the Animal Welfare Act, anyone who trades in puppies commercially requires the approval of the responsible veterinary office, which also controls keeping and breeding.
Chip and vaccination certificate
For puppies from Germany, a vaccination pass with specific entries is required (first vaccination against distemper, parvovirus and other infectious diseases in the eighth week of life, vaccination against rabies in the twelfth week). The young dog should be chipped. The country code for Germany is 276. If the puppy comes from another EU country, it must have an EU pet passport and a veterinary health certificate.
Legal regulations for animal transport
The illegal trade is an unscrupulous million dollar business at the expense of the animals: the puppies are malnourished, sick and not vaccinated, are separated from their mothers far too early and are crammed together for hours to their European destinations.Thomas Schröder, President of the German Animal Welfare Association
Dogs from non-EU countries are not allowed to enter the country until they are seven months old at the earliest. Relevant animal welfare regulations also apply to transport.
Buying a puppy: How do you recognize a dubious breeder - and what should you watch out for?
- Stay away from puppies who can barely open their eyes and walk! According to the Animal Welfare Dog Ordinance, puppies may not be separated from their mother until they are eight to twelve weeks old. This is extremely important for the socialization of the animal. If the puppies stay with their mother for only two to four weeks, they often suffer from massive behavior problems later on.
- Obviously poor health of the animal. These include general weakness, lameness, and eye and nasal discharge. These animals are neither dewormed nor vaccinated and rarely survive the first year. Reputable breeders will not refuse to have a veterinarian examine them prior to purchase.
- No identification by microchip, no accompanying documents such as a herd book number or the pet passport. Or the documents are inadequate, incorrect, or filled out with typographical errors. The entered vaccination dates do not match the specified age of the puppy. Extra money is required for breeding papers.
- Obtain a health certificate. Statements like "The dog does not need a certificate, it is healthy!" are dubious.
- If you Not When asked what your living situation is like, you should be puzzled. Serious breeders want to find out whether the dog will be fine later, whether he gets enough exercise or affection.
- An offer of puppies of different breeds at dumping prices is suspect. Reputable breeders focus on one, at most two breeds at a time.
- Dubious dealers deliver puppies directly to the house or hand them over to public places, often through middlemen. It is not uncommon for mixed breeds to be sold as pedigree animals or dogs with a false pedigree.
Suspicious offer? You should do that!
If you suspect it may be a puppy dealer, call the police. Write down a suspicious license plate. If the vet only suspects illegal puppy trafficking after the purchase, report this to the police together. You should report dubious sales advertisements on the Internet or in newspapers to the local animal welfare association.
Animal rights activists also advise against buying dogs in a pet shop because the young dogs cannot be kept stress-free there and could come from illegal keeping.
By the way: Most animal shelter dogs become just as good companions as a dog from a reputable breeder.
How do you recognize reputable breeders?
- Before making a purchase, take a look at the rearing location and existing littermates. With a reputable breeder, visiting the puppies in advance is possible and even recommended so that the animal can slowly get used to its new master or mistress.
- Look at the mother there. Is it healthy? Are the puppies alive and well, do they have a play and adventure drive?
- In Germany, pedigree dog puppies from recognized breeders cost at least 800 to 2,000 euros, depending on the breed.
- What is Bible evangelism
- Why do planes get water salutes
- What is wet grass
- Has anyone really seen devils
- How can I improve the computer cooling
- What is the nature of power
- Etsy reviews can be changed
- What is dextroscoliosis thoracic spine
- What are Buyer Inquiries in Fiverr
- Lithium hydroxide is toxic
- How do you become a celebrity artist
- How useful time machine is to us
- Why do most of the South Indians not speak English
- Is Jain university government or private
- How do I learn to shoot firearms
- Does current neuroscience support eliminative materialism
- What is Socorro NM known for
- Telugu Film Industry Sunil Top 10 Performances
- What are cellular automata
- How do I find a pilot friend
- What is an unconventional manufacturing process
- Should we enact laws to enforce environmental protection
- What are the basics of TensorFlow
- How does the WLAN wave work