Can be canned cantaloupe
melon - french melon; / engl. melon; / Latin. Cucumis Melo L. (melon cucumber)
The melon, named after the Greek island of Melos, is an annual, pumpkin-like field and garden fruit belonging to the genus cucumber (Cucumis L.) with stiff-haired climbing stems, simple angular tendrils, heart-shaped, five-lobed, serrated leaves rounded at the tips of the lobes and spherical or oval, smooth, knotty, reticulate or ribbed fruits, originally from Asia, but is now cultivated in all parts of the world.
They are usually used and grown in Germany as a hotbed plant, but several varieties are now known which are in very favorable locations, e.g. B. on white south-facing walls, also bear ripe fruit in the open country.
There are numerous species, but a distinction is usually made between smooth melons, with smooth, sometimes somewhat rough skin; Net melons, with the skin torn like a net; Cantaloupes or wart melons, with grooved, thick, warty skin.
The color of the fruits changes to green, yellow, and white. To cultivate hotbeds, fill the latter with horse manure, cover it with a mixture of 2 parts of good garden soil, 1 part of sand and 1 part of completely rotted sheep manure, ideally sow four-year-old kernels and warp the plants as soon as they get the third leaf Kind of that there is only one plant under each window.
When the fourth or fifth leaf has appeared, pinch off the tip and remove all of the male flowers from the vine tendrils that are now developing. The latter must be used to fertilize the female in a hot noon hour. If the fruits develop now, the tendrils are cut off up to 15 or 20 centimeters from the fruit, leaving only one fruit and only 2 to 3 secondary tendrils on each tendril. On all warm days there is ventilation and when the fruits begin to swell, they are placed on a board so that they do not rot. When it is dry, water is poured over it.
Because of their juicy, tasty, cooling flesh, the fruits are often enjoyed as dessert fruit with sugar, even canned. However, excessive consumption can easily cause stomach pressure, colic and diarrhea.
The watermelon (Angurie, Arbuse, Citrullenurke, C. Citrullus Sering.), which has a very juicy flesh and red or black seeds, differs from the previous one by the pinnate lobes of the deeply divided, almost sea-green leaves. It is originally native to Africa and the East Indies, but is now widely grown in southern Italy, southern France, Hungary, southern Russia, North America, Egypt. The fruit weighs up to 15 kg; it is hard, smooth black-green, marked with pale green and whitish spots. It is one of the most famous and delicious fruits in the whole of the Orient.
The outside flesh is hard, white and inedible, the inside soft, red and juicy, sweet and very tasty. The actual white watermelons are eaten raw, almost more instead of a drink than with food, the harder ones cooked in steam, mixed with flour and enjoyed as bread. With us, the watermelon rarely reaches perfection.
Meyers Konversationslexikon from 1877
Culinary Lexicon from 1886
Real Encyclopedia of 1847
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures or more up-to-date information for this page yet, so I ask for your help.
- Should I buy stocks in General Mills?
- The move to Istanbul was worth it
- Is Covfefe a Russian Code
- Do you think music can pass time?
- How do I download Snaptube for Windows
- Where is the clearest American English spoken
- How to heat a pre-cooked ham
- What time is it in South Carolina
- Why are horses so easily frightened?
- Which companies are hiring electronics and instrument engineers?
- What is a student
- Artificial intelligence is able to teach itself
- What is the Japanese word for salvation?
- How much have you helped the poor
- What harms a child
- Can a light photon be located
- How can someone be himself
- Will training in the gym cure depression?
- What are uses of ammonium acetate solutions
- Are Quora and Google competitors
- What is top-down construction
- Why is the effect of heparin temporary
- How do newspaper offices work
- How was oil formed
- What kind of plant is the 14th
- Why don't people like awkwardness
- Can you share some happy puppy pictures
- What is a fraction of the property
- Do IIM Ahmedabad Hostel rooms have AC
- Have you rented or bought your car?
- What is it about 3D printing that fascinates you?
- Average mortgage for someone who makes 95,000
- What is a verification IP