Can I pickle tuna
Frying tuna - the best professional tips
Tuna is a very good source of protein. As a steak, the fish is also ideal for roasting. But there are a few things to consider.
A tuna steak must not be cooked through. The fish should be crispy on the outside and raw in the middle. We'll reveal to you the methods used by professionals to make the preparation a success.
Use only fresh fish
The tuna steak must be fresh. Only tuna that is also suitable for raw consumption is suitable for the cooking process. If in doubt, seek advice from a specialist salesperson. After buying it, make sure that the cold chain is not interrupted and that the fish is processed as quickly as possible.
How to prepare the tuna steak
Before cooking, wash the fish under running water and pat it dry with kitchen paper. Choose a seasoning to suit your taste: some professionals recommend rubbed the fish with low-salt herb butter, others roll it in crushed pepper. What you should definitely not do: salt the steaks before frying them. This removes moisture from the fish and the tuna steak becomes dry.
Fry the fish steaks properly: this is how it works
Heat rapeseed oil or clarified butter in a non-stick pan. These edible fats are particularly suitable for spicy frying. Place the prepared tuna steaks in the hot fat at room temperature. This is the best way to do it.
Fry the steaks on both sides until the fish is slightly brown in color. Finally, to sear the edges, place the steaks on edge in the pan until they are also slightly crispy.
Cooking professionals recommend a total cooking time of a maximum of two minutes. Accordingly, you should sear both sides for 45 seconds and the edges for a total of 30 seconds. Prepared like this, the steak has a three millimeter cooked layer on the outside, the rest is pink and raw.
To keep the crispy outer shell in place, you should only add salt to the fish shortly before serving.
You can then cook the fish gently
Not everyone likes raw fish. This is not a problem, because you can gently cook the seared fish. To do this, preheat the oven to 90 degrees Celsius and after frying, put the fish in the oven for ten minutes. It continues to cook like this, but does not become tough. Note that temperatures are not high enough to kill germs. Therefore, post-cooking is only suitable for fresh fish.
Creams and dips for your tuna steak
Special dips and creams can round off the taste of the tuna. Garlic creams and dips or variants with soy sauce are particularly popular. But an avocado dip also goes well with the fish.
Simple recipe for a garlic dip
For a simple garlic dip, whip an egg yolk and mix it with pressed garlic cloves. Then add olive oil until a creamy sauce is formed. Then season with lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salt - done.
Tuna steak with avocado and lime dip
For the avocado lime dip, do the following: Add half a teaspoon of lime zest, four tablespoons of lime juice and one chopped chilli pepper together. Strain the meat of two avocados through a sieve and mix it with the rest. Then add 100 milliliters of sour cream and season the dip with salt, pepper and, if necessary, a little wasabi.
Here are recipes for three more dips.
Preparation on the grill: recipes for the marinade
Tuna steaks are particularly easy to make on the grill. Rub them with a marinade beforehand and let them work a little.
A marinade can be made from soy sauce, lemon juice, rosemary and olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Alternatively, you can stir together lemon juice, fresh herbs, sea salt and a little garlic to make a marinade.
Since this is a raw product, you should put the fish back in the refrigerator after marinating.
- How to dilute sodium hypochlorite NaClO
- What if Magna Carta was never signed
- Regards Udacity Coursera as a competitor
- Should India take back PoK
- Who would win Deathstroke against Green Goblin?
- Is meditation linked to religion
- What are your favorite Joe Pesci films
- Is a valve overlap required for an engine
- Are parsley and basil the same plant
- Which tools are similar to LaTeX
- What are the different types of superstitions
- What could a harp be symbolic of?
- Who is the wildest man
- Why is dragon fruit rare
- What are the Most Overrated Movies of All Time
- People developed from cave people
- Who was the first Sikh Guru
- Psychopaths can be socially awkward
- If x 7 + 4v3 then vx what
- Are left-handers really intelligent than right-handers
- Would hair extensions damage my hair
- What is the name of a one-party government
- Why North Korea Doesn't Have Internet
- How should you work at POSOCO
- What is happening in the Vijyoshi camp
- How is it that the Joker movie wasn't canceled
- How is a laptop hinge made
- Find the home address using the dialer ID
- How much money did Skyrim make
- Means shipping shipping
- What is the purpose of NVR
- Will Sansa and Arya find love
- Everything that is white and racist is automatic
- Is there a cure for temporary angina pectoris