What do you mean by good tires
Mixed tires not recommended
If a tire breaks or wears out, it has to be replaced. It would be cheapest to buy just a single new tire. But can you use different makes or different types of tires?
Tires from different manufacturers, tread types or rubber compounds on a carcan negatively affect the driving stability of the car. This becomes particularly clear with aquaplaning, braking or cornering. Although the legislator forbids the so-called "mixed tires" or impermissible combinations of permissible tire sizes - with "mixed tires" officially only the combination of radial and diagonal tires on one vehicle is meant. Since modern tires are almost exclusively radial, this prohibition is practically meaningless.
Nevertheless, in the opinion of the ADAC, many of the permitted combinations are not recommended. The differences in the mix of summer and winter tires are particularly noticeable.Winter tires behave significantly differently due to the special rubber compound and profile design. Greatly different tread depths should be avoided as well as the combination of run-flat and normal tires.
That's what the legislator says
When it comes to tires, a lot is allowed: the law only states thatMinimum tread depth of 1.6 millimetersin front and the same tire size in front (unless it is expressly permitted in the vehicle registration document). The combination of diagonal and radial tires, also known as mixed tires, is prohibited. However, diagonal tires only play a role in classic cars.
At least the same profile depths per axis
Anyone who has to buy a new tire should therefore try to get the same type of tire. However, since this is not always possible in practice, at least one axis should be uniformly equipped. in theOtherwise, the tires with the better profile belong on the rear axle (for both front and rear-wheel drive vehicles). The operating instructions for your vehicle always provide more information here!
By the way: If a young, little worn tire was damaged, it shouldPossibility of professional repairs being checked. In this way, costs can be reduced in many ways. In addition, the question of the new tire is superfluous.
Particular risk for all-wheel drive vehicles
Here it is essential to follow the specifications in the operating instructions. A very different tread depth at the front / rear could, for example, lead to damage to the center differential, which balances the speeds between the front and rear axles.
What is allowed and what is not
Diagonal with radial tires
Tires of different model names (or different manufacturers)
Summer with winter tires
Greatly different tire profiles
Different sizes (unless expressly permitted on the front and rear axles according to the vehicle registration document)
Run-flat tires with standard tires (if run-flat is stipulated in the vehicle documents, mixing is generally not possible)
How did you like the article?
- How do debt consolidation mortgages work
- How does gravity affect the wind?
- What is Mangal Dosha in Jyotish
- Is Hamdard Almond pure
- How do I crack the JET exam
- What is a Pure Life Keto Diet
- Why and when should you avoid regex
- How can you easily use complicated words
- Serial killers usually feel emotions why
- Why is Japanese graphic design so different
- What is an equity fund investment
- Where are all the fun jobs
- Caries can lead to death
- Which is the best phone for college students
- Why do people misinterpret Nietzsche
- What are the benefits of pull-ups
- Who is playing with your voodoo doll
- Removes heating air moisture
- Is an AMIE degree now valid?
- Which government did Plato believe in?
- How do competitive and non-competitive inhibition compare
- Why do people eat cookie dough
- How spam callers fake phone numbers
- Can hypnosis make my breasts symmetrical