Why can't animals understand people?
Why can't animals speak?
Good question, but are they really not speaking?
Imagine a room with all sorts of animals. What kind of noise would they make? A single bleating, barking, screaming, neighing, cackling, cooing, beeping, mooing, croaking, grunting ...
If one were to try to translate parts of this confusion of noises, one would find, for example: "Don't come any closer", "This is my area", "Attention enemy", "What are you pretty". We assume that this type of communication among animals does not go much further. For this reason, one does not say, for example, that animals talk to each other, they just communicate.
Talking to one another, that is, using an articulated language, has so far only been peculiar to the human species.
But what do we have that animals don't?
First, you need one voice-forming apparatus. This is made up of: the lungs, muscles, the larynx, the throat, the nasal cavities, the vocal cords, the soft palate, the tongue and the lips. The higher larynx in monkeys could be a reason for the lack of speech.
Second, you need one well developed brain. Two areas in the brain are particularly important for language: the Broca and Wernicke areas. The Broca area is responsible for generating the spoken words and the Wernicke area is for understanding the words. Both areas are not identical in humans and animals. This could be another reason why animals cannot speak like humans.
In addition, scientists did a few years ago gene found that affects language ability. This gene enables humans, unlike animals, to form words.
Despite all this knowledge, scientists cannot say exactly why humans have the ability to speak and animals do not.
But if you too are convinced that your dog or cat actually has a lot more to say, you could become a behavioral scientist to unravel the secrets of animal communication.
- How do I get Norton Support
- Which is the most modern language
- Is life all about being successful?
- What weapon saved your life
- What are the nursing diagnoses for hematuria
- Whom did Nebuchadnezzar throw into the fire
- What is it like to be influential?
- How to tickle an octopus
- Where do the Google Cambridge employees live
- How should I start my first business?
- Makes karma reality
- Will virtual reality increase or decrease tourism
- Should bookstores charge fees for authoring events
- Is NZT real
- Who invented the trebuchet?
- All mammals have milk teeth
- Is it possible to store alternating current
- How did the Facebook outage affect you?
- What is a hindu marriage
- A degree is required for a doctorate
- Can you tell me something depressing?
- What do ballet dancers eat before shows
- What is a girl's favorite clothes
- Is Angieslist like Craigslist