How do I find Satoshi Nakamoto
The 100 richest Bitcoin addresses: who owns the 500 million wallet?
“Whales” is what casinos call players who bet particularly high. In the crypto scene, it stands for people and institutions who hold large sums of Bitcoin. Such a “whale” has just transferred just under 485 million euros. When searching for traces of the owner, interesting findings about the upper class of Bitcoiners come to light.
485 million euros. Or converted: 85,947.12 BTC. This makes it the sixth richest Bitcoin address in the world. Still, it is special. Because again the top 5 of the most bulging Bitcoin addresses are so-called “cold wallets” of the major cryptocurrency exchanges Bitfinex, Binance, Bittrex, Bitstamp and Huobi.
The currently best-filled wallet holds 179,725 BTC, the equivalent of almost 1 billion euros. But neither the mafia nor the Bitcoin inventor Satoshi Nakamoto are behind this. It belongs to the Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange. It is assumed that the wallet is in "cold storage" for security reasons, i.e. is actually kept offline in order to protect the assets from hacker attacks. In total, the ten richest Bitcoin addresses provide crypto money worth over eight billion euros.
The ominous sixth place behind the stock exchanges now goes to the same address 183hmJGRuTEi2YDCWy5iozY8rZtFwVgahM. She received 85,947.12706347 BTC from five different addresses on July 1st. While the first transaction was 85,947.127 BTC, the subsequent transactions were only in the cent range. The huge amount came from the address 1KAt6STtisWMMVo5XGdos9P7DBNNsFfjx7, which had previously been created on March 25, 2018. Since only 0.00033929 BTC or the equivalent of 1.92 euros are now on this old address, it has in fact been emptied.
The trail leads to China
The big question: who is behind this? A super rich? An institution? As well as the blockchain can be used to trace when and to what extent Bitcoin was transferred from which address to which address, it does not provide any information about who it belongs to. Just pseudo-anonymity. However, it can be understood that the old address had 98 transactions. First and foremost, a number of “ins” and a few “outs”. An indication that it could be a long-term investor.
All the more interesting: The owner of the address even began to buy more Bitcoin when the price began to fall. In addition, 20,000 BTC, worth the equivalent of 113 million euros, came from the Chinese Huobi exchange and from a web wallet from the Chinese provider Haobtc. The rest of the crypto money comes from 14 different addresses. So the suspicion is that the person or institution comes from China. But who is behind it and, unknown, holds a sum of almost half a billion euros in Bitcoin, is unclear. However, it seems that the person or institution wants to keep BTC in the longer term.
There are 9773 Bitcoin millionaires
Not entirely unimportant: The huge Bitcoin transaction on July 1 had no noticeable impact on the market or the BTC rate. This, in turn, could indicate that it is either an individual who has transferred Bitcoin from one account to another.
While such a transaction is the big exception, sites like Bitinfocharts provide an insight into the Quasi “Forbes” list of the richest Bitcoiners and unearth all sorts of interesting insights:
- There are 9773 Bitcoin millionaires. So people or institutions that hold BTC worth at least $ 1 million.
- After all, around 113,000 wallets have an average assets of 100,000 dollars.
- The vast majority, 15,316,484 wallets, only hold Bitcoin with a value of US $ 1.
- 87% of all Bitcoin ever mined are in only half a percent of the total number of wallets. Even worse: 61% of all BTC are only held 0.07% of all Bitcoin wallets.
- Quite a few of these top addresses are dormant wallets. So wallets that were created a long time ago. The address 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF with around 79,957 BTC, the equivalent of 452 million euros, was created in March 2011. The BTC was still worth 83 cents. As of today: 5,659.46 euros.
The FBI topped the list for a long time
A few years ago, of all people, the FBI stubbornly held itself in first place among the richest Bitcoin addresses. The US Federal Police had confiscated the Bitcoin assets of the banned Internet marketplace “Silk Road”, on which weapons and drugs were traded. In the meantime, the bitcoins have been auctioned.
Probably by far the richest bitcoin is on everyone's lips. It is the inventor of currency and blockchain technology: Satoshi Nakamoto. But who is behind the pseudonym is still unclear. His fortune is estimated at around 1.1 million Bitcoin or 6.2 billion euros. However, this value is also estimated, since Nakamoto did not use a single address in the early days. One thing is certain: the Bitcoin inventor never touched the majority of his currency, neither exchanged for other currencies nor used it in any other way.
Noticeable buying patterns from the top addresses
One of the addresses that can be properly assigned to Nakamoto is 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa, the very first Bitcoin address ever generated. It happens again and again that people transfer smaller or larger amounts there to express their gratitude for its invention. However, there are no departures from this address.
In contrast, many of the largest wallets are active and their owners are constantly using them to buy more Bitcoin. Interesting: The largest BTC wallet increased by 60,000 BTC at the end of 2017. Even if thousands of Bitcoin have been transferred again since then, the wallet holder seems to have used the price fall. A pattern that is repeated frequently in most large wallets. And that's certainly not new. This is how the investor legend and proven Bitcoin skeptic ("rat poison) Warren Buffett once put it:" Buy when the cannons thunder. "
- Is Angieslist like Craigslist
- How do Invisalign and ceramic braces differ?
- Are Hermione and Lily similar
- What are the best sad women songs
- How many patients are operated on by bariatric surgery
- Can a blockchain exist without Bitcoin
- How and when did the singing begin
- Average mortgage for someone who makes 95,000
- Have you tried learning a new language?
- Are bioreactors and fermenters the same?
- Why did TechCrunch sell
- What makes Colorado ideal for growing hemp
- What are your favorite shayaris on the eyes
- How to download bhjan
- What's so good about the homeless
- What's your rating of XSLT
- Cardiovascular is the same as cardiorespiratory
- What is a hindu marriage
- What is magnesium oil
- How is your Hindi
- What is outcome budgeting
- Why does plastic need pyrolysis
- What is the most lucrative technical specialty
- Can a minister be charged with lying?