How big can parasites get
Natural measures against intestinal parasites
The parasite infestation is therefore a widespread problem that should not be underestimated. But of course there are also holistic and naturopathic approaches that on the one hand have a preventive effect and on the other hand can make it significantly more difficult for the parasites to survive and multiply in the organism if the parasite is already infected.
Anti-parasitic measures can be particularly well integrated into a colon cleansing program. Colon cleansing not only improves the situation in the digestive system, but also strengthens the immune system particularly intensively. And it is precisely these two prerequisites - a clean digestive system (including healthy intestinal flora) and a strong immune system - that make parasite infestation almost impossible.
Of course, the anti-parasitic methods for parasite detoxification presented below can also be easily incorporated into everyday life independently of colon cleansing, e.g. B. twice a year as a cure over a period of four weeks each time.
People who have already been diagnosed with a parasitic infestation by a doctor can, after consulting their doctor, also use the following measures - in addition to the prescribed therapy.
In the case of intestinal parasites, hygiene is important
In order to keep the risk of infection with parasites as low as possible, you should of course first of all pay attention to careful hygiene. This includes the consistent and thorough washing of hands after going to the toilet as well as before each meal. Hands should also be cleaned appropriately after playing with pets.
Dogs and cats should be checked regularly for worms and, if necessary, dewormed.
Since many fresh foods can be an ideal breeding ground for parasites, the following applies: Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before consuming them.
It is better to avoid eating raw fish and raw meat. Raw milk and raw eggs should only be consumed if a proper source for these highly sensitive foods is known.
1. Colon cleansing
Colon cleansing is the very first step in eliminating parasites, as colon cleansing improves the entire intestinal environment in such a way that, in addition to parasites, pathogenic bacteria, fungi, etc. will no longer find an ideal living space in the intestine in the future.
With an intensive colon cleanse, you can free your colon from old mucus layers and excrement deposits, which are known to be the most popular hiding places for parasites. If these hiding places dissolve, the parasites will quickly leave their place.
The additional use of the anti-parasitic agents presented below, in conjunction with the anti-parasite diet described below, will mean that many of your pathogenic intestinal dwellers will not be able to survive.
If parasites die in the intestine, it must be ensured in any case that not only the metabolic toxins of the parasites, but also their “corpse toxins” can be removed as quickly as possible. This also works best in the context of colon cleansing, as this ensures rapid digestion and, at the same time, comprehensive detoxification.
2. Natural anti-parasite agents
If you want to use colon cleansing specifically for the elimination of parasites, then it can be supplemented with such special anti-parasitic agents that have been used in traditional folk medicine for many centuries for parasite infestation and which we present to you below:
Papaya seeds against intestinal parasites
The kernels of the papaya can be used very easily to combat parasites or to prevent possible parasite infestation.
You simply chew 5 - 6 papaya kernels several times a day.
It is known from studies that papaya seeds reliably drive away intestinal parasites. For example, a study with 1,700 children between the ages of one and five showed that they could be freed from their intestinal parasites such as roundworms, roundworms and pinworms without any problems.
Details on papaya seeds and their effects can be found here: The healing power of papaya seeds
Oregano oil against intestinal parasites
Oregano oil has proven itself many times as a natural antibiotic. With its concentrated healing power, which is much stronger than that of the fresh or dried oregano herb, it has also proven its anti-parasitic effect. Therefore, this oil fits particularly well into an anti-parasite program.
The general recommendation is: Put two to three drops of the oil together with the juice of half a freshly squeezed lemon in a glass of water up to three times a day.
However, oregano oil can also be taken simply with capsules. Make sure you have a high carvacrol content, as this plant substance is particularly effective against parasites.
Wormwood against intestinal parasites
Wormwood is one of the bitterest medicinal plants and is known as a general medicinal plant for cleansing and strengthening the body. For centuries wormwood has been used as THE remedy against intestinal parasites and is not least because of this the nickname "worm herb".
Wormwood can be taken as a liquid extract, tea, or in the form of capsules. The pure wormwood oil is toxic. Therefore, it must not be taken pure!
With garlic against intestinal parasites
Fresh garlic has many superior health properties. So it is not surprising that garlic is also an excellent remedy in the fight against parasites.
Fresh garlic is effective against roundworms and tapeworms as well as against giardia (a genus of flagellates).
Its high allicin content is responsible for its anti-parasitic effect. This substance is made from the amino acid alliin, which is released when the fresh clove of garlic is cut or pressed.
Since allicin is broken down into another sulfur compound after a short time, it is important to consume the garlic relatively quickly after pressing or cutting the toe.
Our recommendation is: Eat a large clove of garlic for about 30 days before going to bed. Cut or press them and wait about 2 minutes before consuming them. Sufficient allicin has formed during this time. (During this time, only keep in contact with people who also eat raw garlic.
As a further option, we recommend that you use a garlic cure.
Virgin organic coconut oil against intestinal parasites
Coconut oil is high in medium chain fatty acids (MCT). Lauric acid in particular is known for its anti-fungal and anti-parasite properties.
However, due to its many other positive effects, coconut oil should certainly not only be used during parasite detoxification or colon cleansing, but every day - especially since coconut oil is the best oil for heating, but raw food dishes such as fruit shakes, raw food biscuits or homemade chocolate also have a wonderful aroma confers.
The following coconut oil quantities are recommended for daily intake, depending on your personal body weight:
Body weight (kg) / tablespoon of coconut oil
- 79+ / 4+ (This means: If you weigh 79 or more kilograms, then you eat 4 or more tablespoons of coconut oil a day.)
- 68 / 3.5 (This means: If you weigh between 68 and 79 kilograms, you eat between 3.5 and 4 tablespoons of coconut oil a day.)
- 57 / 3
- 45 / 2,5
- 34 / 2
- 23 / 1,5
- 11 / 1
The specified amounts of coconut oil are calculated so that you take in enough medium-chain fatty acids with your personal body weight to benefit from their positive effects.
Since the immune-boosting, antimicrobial and antiparasitic effects of MCT become stronger the more you take, in this case, “a lot helps a lot”. You could therefore easily consume twice the specified amount - of course, only if you can burn off the additional calories!
Suppose you weigh 70 kilograms and want to take 3.5 tablespoons (or more) of coconut oil a day. Then of course you don't have to eat the 3.5 tablespoons at once.
For example, you can mix a spoon into your smoothie in the morning, pour it over your muesli (first liquefy the coconut oil by gently heating it) or consume it in the form of a spread with bread.
At lunchtime, prepare your vegetables with coconut oil and in the afternoon mix coconut oil into your almond milk.
However, you can also simply take half a tablespoon to a full tablespoon of coconut oil every 2 to 3 hours - which many naturopathic therapists also recommend to their sick patients for faster regeneration.
Black walnut shell against intestinal parasites
The black walnut is traditionally used for fungal infections, such as B. the lichen grind (a skin fungal disease).
The natives of North America have also been using the shell of the black walnut for many centuries for parasite infestations. Adult parasites can also be killed with the black walnut shell.
Products with the black walnut shell are available in the form of drops or capsules. The exact dosage can best be found in the respective product description.
Olive tree leaf extract
Olive trees can live a thousand years and older. This achievement is of course only possible because the olive tree has numerous secondary plant substances that protect it from almost any harm.
Its leaves contain substances against predators, substances against bacteria, substances against fungi, substances against burns (by UV radiation) and also substances against parasites.
All these substances are found in concentrated form in the olive tree leaf extract and then help people not only against parasites, but in a variety of ways, especially because the individual substances in the olive tree leaf extract mutually reinforce their properties.
The result is a strong antibiotic, antiviral, antiparasitic, immune system-strengthening and anti-inflammatory effect, which of course can now be used for a wide variety of complaints.
The olive tree leaf extract is therefore ideal for all digestive system problems caused by infections (whether caused by fungi, bacteria or parasites).
The olive tree leaf extract can even be used in the treatment of infections with antibiotic-resistant germs.
According to the naturopathic literature, pumpkin seeds are particularly effective in the case of tapeworm and roundworm infestation. They contain a substance called piperazine that helps paralyze the parasites so that they can be passed through the intestines while they are still alive.
In an article about natural remedies for parasites, the well-known American alternative practitioner and nutrition therapist Cathy Wong described the way in which naturopathic therapists successfully use pumpkin seeds for parasite infestation.
Pulver 1 cup of pumpkin seeds in a powerful blender and mix with 2 cups of diluted fruit juice (no added sugar) and drink in sips on an empty stomach. After about 2 hours, take castor oil or another natural laxative so that the now numbed worms can be rinsed out quickly before they can recover.
Parasite Detoxification: The Program
A parasite detox program could look like this:
In addition to your colon cleansing (e.g. from psyllium husks, bentonite and a probiotic), take coconut oil three times a day or enrich your meals with it. In addition, you take capsules with oregano oil, with black walnut and with olive tree leaf extract every day for four weeks. After the first week, take the powdered pumpkin seeds as described in the recipe above.
In the case of stubborn parasite infestation, this procedure can be practiced weekly, i.e. always at the end of the week and a maximum of four times, but only if you feel well, as frequent drainage can lead to electrolyte losses and their consequences. In the case of chronic illnesses, you should discuss the parasite program with your doctor or alternative practitioner.
Always take probiotics at the same time!
In parallel to the parasite program, we recommend taking probiotics, as the purging and anti-parasitic agents can always affect the intestinal flora. The active and useful intestinal bacteria from a high-quality probiotic, on the other hand, ensure healthy symbiosis control, which means that the intestinal flora is positively influenced, the beneficial bacteria ultimately predominate and, furthermore, a great diversity is achieved (which is an important characteristic of a healthy intestinal flora).
Healthy diet against intestinal parasites
Regardless of the recommendations listed above, you should of course generally pay attention to a healthy diet, as only such a diet preserves the intestinal health and strengthens the immune system sufficiently so that it is able to protect the body from parasite infestation.
Overall, a healthy diet ensures a balanced acid-base balance and thus an environment that does not seem very inviting for intestinal parasites.
If there is already a parasite infestation, a healthy diet rich in vital substances is all the more important, since parasites themselves consume a large amount of nutrients, so that not too much is left for humans.
This deficit must be replenished at the latest after the parasite has been eliminated - on the one hand with the right nutritional supplements (e.g. chelated minerals, Sango marine coral, antioxidants (e.g. astaxanthin), natural vitamin C and microalgae), on the other hand with the right diet.
The basic principles of such a diet are as follows:
- Eat an excess of bases.
- So avoid the unhealthy acid-forming foods (products that contain white flour, sugar, and processed meat and dairy products).
- Prefer the typical alkaline foods (fresh vegetables, salads, smoothies, potatoes, chestnuts) and supplement them with healthy acid-forming foods (nuts, legumes, pseudo-grains, fish, organic eggs and now and then organic meat or organic tofu) .
- The basic foods should make up 70 to 80 percent of your plate content, the acidic foods 20 to 30 percent.
- Prepare your food fresh as often as possible. So avoid finished products. If you do occasionally choose ready-made products, buy them in organic stores.
- Drink plenty of still water - ideally spring water or filtered tap water.
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, for example to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Machado M et al., Anti-Giardia activity of phenolic-rich essential oils: effects of Thymbra capitata, Origanum virens, Thymus zygis subsp. sylvestris, and Lippia graveolens on trophozoites growth, viability, adherence, and infrastructure. Parasitol Res. 2010 Apr; 106 (5): 1205-15. (Anti-Giardia activity of essential oils rich in phenols: effects of Thymbra capitata, Origanum virens, Thymus zygis subsp.sylvestris and Lippia graveolens on the growth, viability, adhesion and ultrastructure of trophozoites.)
- Force M et al., Inhibition of enteric parasites by emulsified oil of oregano in vivo. Phytother Res. 2000 May; 14 (3): 213-4. (Inhibition of enteric parasites by emulsified oregano oil in vivo.)
- Salama AA et al., Inhibitory effect of allicin on the growth of Babesia and Theileria equi parasites. Parasitol Res. 2013 Oct 31. (Inhibitory effect of allicin on the growth of Babesia and Theileria equi parasites)
- Feitosa TF et al., Anthelmintic efficacy of pumpkin seed (Cucurbita pepo Linnaeus, 1753) on ostrich gastrointestinal nematodes in a semiarid region of Paraba State, Brazil. Trop Anim Health Prod. 2012 Dec; 45 (1): 123-7. (Anthelmintic effectiveness of pumpkin seeds (Cucurbita pepo Linnaeus, 1753) on ostrich gastrointestinal nematodes in a semi-arid region of Paraba, Brazil.)
- H.Thormar et al., "Hydrogels containing monocaprine have potent microbicidal activities against sexually transmitted viruses and bacteria in vitro", Sex Transm Infect., 06.1999; 75 (3): 181185 (hydrogels containing monocaprine have strong microbicidal activities before sexual transmittable viruses and bacteria in vitro)
- Kabara JJ et al., "Fatty acids and derivatives as antimicrobial agents," Antimicrob Agents Chemother, 07/07/1972; 2 (1): 23-8 (fatty acids and fatty acid derivatives as antimicrobial agents)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Is the connection of the muscles of the mind real or a myth
- Can insects be bred for intelligence?
- What is an accredited university
- What is x + 3 x + 4
- Who is the Mayor of Birmingham
- What does muharram mean
- Who was the youngest queen in history
- Sitting too much causes poor posture
- Which top loading washing machine is the most reliable
- Calculus makes you smarter
- What is an amazing topic of chemistry presentation
- Will you see my Kundli
- Armadillos are rodents
- What is the best church in chicago
- What screams I'm desperate for attention
- What are some organizational behavior problems
- What is a psychedelic substance
- Why is fluid used in hydraulic systems
- Could I have leukemia 2
- How does MCX actually work
- Intuition comes from experience
- Artificial intelligence is able to teach itself
- What version of Android will be coming to Lollipop
- Can human taste be criticized
- What is Juvenile Hall
- What will be the first AI sport
- Are the listings on Trulia authentically correct?
- How are you triggered
- What career opportunities does IT offer
- Where can I buy a robot online
- Which theory of feminism is the best
- What is RW in the Masonic Lodge
- Are Twitter impressions marketable?
- Who are Artemis and Apollo's parents