How do you think about birds
The rats of the air? After this text you think differently about pigeons!
As a kid, I loved bird watching. Even today I still set up a bird feeder with my family every winter and regularly go to events about bird protection. When I think of the birds I want to help with, robins, blackbirds, great tits and nuthatches appear in my mind's eye.
However, pigeons had little space in my concept of bird protection. I remember them as the birds that pooped on my head in Rome or tried to steal my pizza several times. Otherwise I didn't worry about the gray birds and their living conditions.
Pigeon in need
That changed when of all people Here the Nabu reports how the pigeon won the preselectionCity pigeon, to the astonishment of many bird conservationists, won the preselection for "Bird of the Year 2021". When I found out, I wondered how the pizza-stealing poultry had made it to the top of this list.
To my surprise, I found that the city pigeon is not an endangered bird, but that it is anything but easy - and is completely unjustly disregarded and devalued by so many people. So it's high time for an image change!
From domestic and cultivated animals to street animals
City pigeons are often disparagingly referred to as "rats of the air" because they appear in large flocks and breed everywhere and always. This completely ignores the fact that it was the human who bred the city pigeon from the rock pigeon and brought it into the cities in the first place.
- How can you learn the Excel dashboard?
- Which hybrid tablet PC should I buy?
- Where are Grundig radios made?
- Cheated properly during a class test
- Are there any practical uses for gold
- Is CareerOrbit helpful for the JEE Main
- What does steal mean
- Who are the rudest WhatsApp users
- What is Contactually
- How do we survive an alien invasion
- Is identity politics a threat to democracy
- Does the PBISE test have any relevance
- What does Madre mean in Spanish
- What is a Calcium Carbonate Processing Plant
- Where are all the fun jobs
- How reproduction takes place in humans 1
- Expires on dry gin
- Why would anyone visit Shimla in India
- Do psychopaths fear loneliness or depression?
- Didn't Vader do anything wrong
- In which Puccini opera was Nessun Dorma to be seen?
- How are the academics at Sainik School
- What is Direct Sourcing in Recruiting
- Who started the International Space Station