What is cactus candy
anality A mixture of naivety and pretense, grace and ordinary, gray gloom and rosy cheerfulness, Lolita could, if she wanted, be an absolutely nerve-wracking brat. I was really hardly prepared for her fits of sloppy boredom, her intense, violent nagging, her flabby, listless, blunt-eyed demeanor, and what is called nonsense: an aimless rubbish that she thought was the kind of hard-boiled thug. I discovered that mentally she was a disgustingly conventional little girl. Sweet, hot jazz, folk quadrille dances, sticky sundaes with hot chocolate sauce, musicals, movie magazines, and so on - these apparently ranked first on the scale of their preferences. God knows how many nickel coins I fed the magnificently illuminated jukeboxes that came with each of our meals! I can still hear the nasal voices of these invisibles who serenaded Lolita - people with names like Sammy and Jo and Eddy and Tony and Peggy and Guy and Patty and Rex, and the sentimental hits that my ear could hardly tell my tongue lolitas various sweets. With a kind of heavenly simplicity, she believed in every advertisement and advice that appeared in Movie Love and Screen Land - "Pimples wither with Dorpickil" or "Think about it, girls, before you let the tips of your shirt hang out of your jeans, because Jill says , that's totally out of fashion ». If a billboard on the side of the road said, "Visit our gift shop," then we had to visit it, we had to buy Indian handicrafts, dolls, copper jewelry, cactus candy. The words "novelties and souvenirs" enchanted them with their mere Trochaic syllable case. If a cafe sign said "Ice cold drinks," she was automatically drawn to it, even though all drinks everywhere were ice cold. The advertisements were aimed at them: the ideal consumer, subject and object of any dizzying poster.
banality(2)en from Chinese
Flies have short legs.
Haste is the joke's time.
Red raspberries are red.
The end is the beginning of every end.
The beginning is the end of every beginning.
Banality is the ornament of every citizen.
The bourgeoisie is the beginning of all citizens.
Citizens have short flies.
Spice is the brevity of a joke.
Every woman has an apron.
Every beginning has an end.
The world is full of smart people.
Kluge is stupid.
Not everything that is called expressionism is expressive art.
Kluge is still stupid.
Stupid is smart.
Kluge stays stupid.
I correct myself
- Why did AOL sell Bebo
- Is KISS a criminally underrated band
- Is logically relative
- Are people Uricotelian or Urotelian
- How do line and personnel authorities differ?
- What ideology is frightening Nazism or Stalinism
- Are JEE Mains and AIEEE the same
- There are product management courses
- How is a ski jumping distance measured
- Will China change 3
- How does an automatic transmission work 1
- What are you doing pointless
- How do I raise money for college
- Are draftsmen extinct?
- What has Occupy Wall Street achieved
- Are Hermione and Lily similar
- How can I use black magic
- Is Ranbir Kapoor gay? He looks gay
- Can a 6 cylinder pull a trailer
- If you have an eating disorder, your teeth hurt
- How has trade contributed to cultural diffusion?
- How does tomyum soup taste
- Why would anyone buy an 8k TV
- People use boundary lines for their needs