Why is Neymar joining PSG
Five year contract : Change to PSG perfect: Neymar pays the 222 million euros himself
The most expensive transfer in the history of football is perfect. The Brazilian attacking star Neymar is moving from FC Barcelona to the former French series champion Paris Staint-Germain for 222 million euros. The 25-year-old has signed a five-year contract, as the capital club announced on Thursday. “I am extremely happy to join Paris Saint-Germain. Since I arrived in Europe, the club has been one of the most ambitious, ”said Neymar.
With the 222 million euros, Neymar and his new employer PSG have entered a new financial dimension. The most expensive transfer to date, Paul Pogba from Juventus Turin to Manchester United a year ago, was € 105 million. On Friday Neymar will be presented in Paris, on Saturday he could play his first league game against SC Amiens.
The change of Neymar should also cause further movement in the international player market. Barcelona will probably use part of the 222 million euros to get a replacement for the Brazilian who, after much back and forth through his legal representative, had the fixed transfer fee deposited with his previous club on Thursday.
Neymar is said to receive 30 million euros a year
With this step, PSG is probably trying to comply with the rules of financial fair play of the European football union Uefa. The relevant expenses of an association must therefore not exceed the income within a period of three years. A deficit of five million euros is permissible, a difference of a maximum of 30 million euros may be offset by a shareholder. According to media reports, Neymar will receive the huge transfer fee from Qatar Sport Investment, which holds 100 percent of the shares in the French club.
"It is with great joy and great pride that we welcome Neymar Jr to Paris Saint-Germain," said club president Nasser al-Khelaifi. The arrival of the Brazilian brings us closer to our goal of "realizing our greatest dreams."
On Thursday, the Spanish league and its boss Javier Tebas rejected the transfer check and accused PSG of violating financial fair play. The Qatari oil sheikhs, who are in charge at PSG, accused Tebas of "financial doping".
In fact, the numbers that the international media report on in addition to the fixed transfer fee seem absurd. The British broadcaster Sky UK wrote of a total volume of around 500 million euros, which should include transfer fees, bonus payments and salary. In the next five seasons, Neymar should receive 30 million euros per year. (dpa / Tsp)
Follow the sports desk on Twitter:
- What is Generic Ambien
- What is a toroidal electromagnet
- What everyone should know about dental fluorosis
- Break ion bonds when proteins denature
- Have you ever invested what happened
- What threats are narwhals exposed to?
- How the batch process was carried out in TCS
- What is DNA Diet
- Giving between friends is important
- Is the Kindle Paperwhite the ultimate e-reader
- How is the lifestyle in Dubai
- What are the disadvantages of DBMS
- Is WhatsApp Marketing Legal
- What is an ammeter used to measure
- Who Owns Yamaha
- Who is Leander Paes
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake is episodic
- Which graphics card offers the best performance
- What's great about New Age music
- Can we do CA after having kids
- Which is bigger Eventbrite or Ticketleap
- What is the best toyota engine
- Do you think pop quizzes are fair
- How often does Salesforce increase its rates
- Why can't I visualize my book characters
- Will virtual reality increase or decrease tourism
- How do you have pure joy
- How is Stockholm in October
- What is DMP
- What types of business licenses are there?
- Which country has the ugliest paper currency?
- What does multiple regression tell you
- Why gun control advocates do not compromise