What are linear features on a map
Stallion progeny statistics
The linear description as an additional source of information for breeders: Notes from the 2019 foal year
Here we present you the results of current evaluations of the linear data. To give a first impression, all linear profiles of foals that were presented in this year's foal show season were taken into account for the overviews. As of July 30, 2019, there were a total of 951 foals, descended from 285 different stallions. Around two thirds of the stallions were only represented with 1 or 2 foals in the data.
Distribution statistics of the stallion offspring of stallions are shown if more than 10 foals were judged. This applies to the following stallions:
A la Carte NRW
By your side
Fashion in black
Likewise, you will find here an overview of all linear features.
From these around 100 linear characteristics, graphics with 17 exterior and 11 movement characteristics were created for these stallions. They show how the foals they descended were described on average. When interpreting, a few points must be taken into account, which will be briefly discussed below.
With the linear description, individual aspects of the exterior and the performance can be addressed in a much more targeted and objective manner than in the value grading system, so it is described and not assessed. With the aim of reproducing the characteristic features of the presented horse as precisely as possible, abnormalities in individual characteristics are noted as deviations from the mean (normal = 0) characteristic expression. The linear values then indicate the clarity and shape of the expression, so that, for example, a linear value of -3 stands for the neck length for an extremely short neck. This initially applies to the individual horse. How are the stallion graphics to be interpreted? For the same characteristic of neck length, a mean value with a negative sign indicates foals whose necks were described as short on average; Conversely, a mean value with a positive sign indicates that the stallion's foals are more often described as "long".
In the linear profiles that the breeder can call up for his foal, unlike in the distribution statistics of the entire stallion offspring, only characteristics that represent a deviation from the population mean are shown for the sake of clarity. These described features are characteristic of this one foal.
The aim of the linear description is to make detailed information accessible to the breeders that goes far beyond the statements that can be derived from value grades. When interpreting, it should of course be taken into account that the foals presented and described linearly do not necessarily have to be representative of all offspring of a stallion and that environmental factors also have a greater or lesser influence on the results of the linear description depending on their characteristics. Through the joint analysis of all available linear data as well as the ancestry and family relationships between the linearly described horses, genetics and environment can be separated in order to derive inheritance tendencies and to create inheritance profiles of the stallions. The development work for this is in full swing at the vit in Verden data center, so that the breeders can look forward to the further expansion of the information package they receive from their association.
- What is the benefit of a dowry
- How do I raise money for college
- Is Tarzan a superhero
- Is Jigen stronger than Ten Tailed Madara
- Online friendships are easy to let go of
- Why are you watching YouTube game videos
- What does this type 1 mean
- Why do people always ask obvious questions
- How do corn starch and corn starch differ?
- Which rapper makes the most money
- How do I calm a wild dog
- Can ice make you sick
- When does exercise feel good?
- Is Daniel Tammet smarter than Terence Tao
- Why do narcissists appear weird on vacation
- What are examples of non-contagious diseases
- Can i carry a laser light
- Causes of the Middle Childhood Syndrome Narcissism
- What is a corporate vision
- What kind of government does Honduras have
- How do you get money to monetize YouTube
- What is common to all great people
- Why do English teachers hate Mahatma Gandhi
- What is the best meyhane in izmir
- Is Eminem the G O A T.
- Can someone correct this text, see comments
- San Francisco has low income housing
- How black hat hackers identify honeypots
- All of our observations are tautological
- What happened to god
- Suggest a company name for the e-commerce store
- Passed CISPA
- Which programming language is built in
- Arizona has beaches