How much did Biosphaere 2 weigh
The collection of wool was the starting signal for the project “Sheep's wool pellets from the Rhön”, which the Verein Natur- und Lebensraum Rhön (VNLR) e. V. and the Hessian administrative office of the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve Rhön in cooperation with the network umbrella brand Rhön e.V. and Rhön GmbH. “The aim is to market the sheep as a whole and to increase the appreciation for the product wool,” explains Janet Emig, project manager at VNLR.
The Rhön wool is processed by Markus Hofmann's Natur Power Pellets company in Wemding, Bavaria. There the wool is sanitized and then pressed. The fertilizer is then roughly the size of animal feed pellets. "So you can not only put it in the ground in the garden, but also dose it well for the flower pot on the windowsill," says Emig. The sheep's wool pellets are suitable for flowering bushes, vegetables and cabbage, but also for berries. The wool not only provides valuable nutrients, but also serves as a water reservoir. As a result, the plant is not only well supplied in dry phases, but the binding capacity in the soil is more than doubled. "This means that nutrients are not flushed out so quickly when it rains." The effect of the long-term fertilizer is also sustainable: "One application is sufficient."
Benefits for soil and plants
In terms of sustainability, the fertilizer does not only score points when it comes to use. “By pelleting we achieve a meaningful secondary use for the Rhön sheep wool,” says Nadja Schneider, project manager at Rhön GmbH, umbrella brand department. "After sheep shearing, the valuable and renewable raw material wool is increasingly a waste product," says Schneider. "Pelleting not only extends the regional sheep value chain, but also achieves sustainable use of the wool with many advantages for the soil and the plants."
The sheep's wool pellets are expected to be sold from the beginning of 2021, just in time for the upcoming gardening season. “They are available directly from the shepherds in packs of 1 and 2.5 kilograms,” says Nadja Schneider. In the long term, further sales outlets, for example farm and regional shops, are to be added.
Would you like to participate?
So far, eight shepherds have participated in the project - all other shepherds from the Bavarian, Hessian and Thuringian Rhön (all sheep breeds) are still cordially invited to take part. Interested parties can contact Janet Emig, Tel. (06681) 91745 17, Email: [email protected], or to Nadja Schneider, Tel. (09771) 687 606 204,
E-mail: [email protected], turn.
- Is the MSI game Boost safe?
- What is the polarity of the Grignard reagent
- Why do liquids have a fixed volume
- What does an accounting assistant do
- How do I learn good spelling
- What is a pregnancy period
- What made you a better friend
- What is your favorite football website
- What is cardinality in DBMS
- How can hair be damaged?
- Are atoms perfectly spherical?
- Are magnetic conductors or insulators of electricity
- What are laptop batteries
- What is a stone powder making machine
- How are skate suits made
- What are the benefits of naughtiness
- What is Mithila painting or Madhubani painting
- There are industrial risks in Nantes, France
- What is the definition of an IEO
- Can Trump bring peace to ISIS
- Should I learn assembly language programming
- How to track a person's residence
- What is NCO in the Indian Air Force
- Why does the South Asian kitchen not use an oven?