Why is paper considered stronger than steel?
Super paper is stronger than iron
Extremely thin cellulose fibers form a strong network
A special production process
The scientists use a special production process in the manufacture of their super paper. First of all, the basic material of the paper, the cellulose pulp made from wood, has to be processed. To do this, the researchers use special enzymes. With a high pressure of 1,650 bar, the pulpy mass is finally pressed through a fine grid, whereby very long and extremely fine fibers are obtained from the material. These have a diameter of 20 nanometers, making them 5,000 times thinner than a human hair. With the help of a solvent, the scientists shape the fibers into thin webs. After drying, the new super paper is ready, the fibers of which form a solid network and are therefore responsible for the high stability.
130According to the researchers, measurements have shown that the material has a tensile strength that is well above that of cast iron. The test results confirm that the nanopaper has a tear strength of 214 megapascals. For cast iron this value is 130, conventional paper has a value of one and structural steel 250. Another advantage of nanopaper is that the properties of the material can be influenced as desired, according to the researchers. Thus, the development has all the prerequisites to be able to implement a wide variety of applications - for example as a carrier material for electronic components. (Pte)
Your opinion counts.
The comments in the forum do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editors. The editors reserve the right to post comments which violate criminal or civil law norms, contradict common decency or otherwise run counter to the reputation of the medium (see detailed forum rules), to remove. In this case, the user cannot make any claims. Furthermore, STANDARD Verlagsgesellschaft m.b.H. before to assert claims for damages and to report criminally relevant facts.
- What colors is my cat
- What makes something well designed
- Is Eminem too old to rap
- Has thermal conductivity and energy any relationship
- What is the International Trade Olympiad
- What makes someone want to help a crowdfunding cause
- Do Republicans attract atheist voters
- What is neodadaism
- Is there a cream for chickenpox stains
- Is there structure in chaos
- An environmental science degree is worthwhile
- How can freelancers do business
- Why haven't HIV and AIDS always existed?
- What WiFi speed do I need
- What is the mirror effect
- Are vampires angry or just hungry?
- Which dress do you feel comfortable in?
- Wen married Anne Hathaway in 1582
- What are the lightsaber shapes
- How did Yeltsin become President of Russia
- The Carthaginians were a Semitic people
- Who calls Waldbraende
- Which sanitary material is good
- Does vodka or bourbon taste better