How do molecules connect
In order for atoms to be able to form solid and liquid substances, they have to form bonds with one another. Atoms that are bound together form molecules and crystals. This page is intended to give an overview of some binding models.
The electrons that lie in deep shells generally play no role in the bonding of atoms. One can therefore often understand bonds between atoms just by looking at the outermost electron shells. These bowls are called Valence shells. I would therefore like to first explain the principle underlying chemical bonds under the term valence bonds.
Two forms of valence bonds deserve special chapters. The covalent bond occurs when electrons are shared by a few, mostly neighboring atoms and are divided into Molecular orbitals are located. In an ionic bond, the atoms tend to give up their electrons before they bond, or to take on additional electrons. This model is well suited for describing Salt.
The atoms of the metals form a special bond. The high electrical conductivity of the metals shows that there must be freely moving charges in them. This is characteristic of the metallic bond.
A very weak form of bond is the van der Waals bond. It explains the appearance of noble gas crystals and plays a decisive role in the binding of oils and fats.
© 1999-2020 Joachim Schulz - Only real on www.Quantenwelt.de
Last change: 07/01/2002
- Is information security a moral profession
- What are the disadvantages of competitive coding
- What defines a molecular compound
- How is double penetration
- Is the iPhone 6 better than the iPhone 6s
- What is a two-pole breaker
- What color pants match purple shirts
- What is a Faberge egg
- Why did the early man need tools
- How much alcohol is in rice?
- What is an EPEL repository
- Who has ever loved a trans person
- Do you want to cook
- Are B2B portals good for business?
- What makes you hopeful about climate change
- Who is the smartest climate change activist
- Supports a freelance website Payoneer MasterCard
- Why are children so restless in general
- What kind of vehicle is this 1
- Is pain the root of fear
- The second change is obsolete
- Has Russia ever led a humanitarian mission
- Where can you buy a tongue scraper
- How can I create a hybrid app