Why is Twitter slow on Chrome
Is your Google Chrome slow? So the browser works again
Is your Google Chrome too slow? Our guide tells you what could be behind the problem - and how you can ensure that the browser on the computer (or mobile) runs faster again.
You only want to open one website in Google Chrome, but the browser takes a long time to load the page completely? Or does it hang up more often as soon as you use it? There can be various reasons for this: In addition to a slow Internet connection, for example too much data in the history and cache could be the problem.
First, check your internet connection
Google Chrome annoys you with long loading times? Then you should check your internet connection: If it is not optimal, the browser will take longer to load a page. So open a different browser as a test and navigate to any website. If the loading times are again very long, there may be something wrong with the internet connection. If you can use the second browser without interference, Google Chrome is more likely the problem.
Make sure to keep the browser up to date
Google regularly releases updates for Chrome. These fix known problems and improve the performance of the browser. You should therefore check whether a missing update is causing the malfunctions: In Chrome, click the three-dot icon in the top right corner and then click "Help". If you then select "Via Google Chrome", a new window will open. The software will now automatically check whether an update is available. Ideally, the result is “Google Chrome is up to date”, because then the browser is up to date.
Additional tip: You should also update the mobile Google Chrome regularly. Your smartphone usually notifies you automatically as soon as you can install updates for the browser.
Clear Google Chrome history and cache & cookies
The longer you use Google Chrome on your computer, the more data the software produces. Therefore, you should delete data such as history, cache and cookies at regular intervals. To do this, click on the three-point icon above on "More tools". You can now select the option “Delete browsing data” - and decide which data you want to remove. Before doing this, switch to the "Advanced" tab: This is the only place where all the data that you can delete are displayed:
- "Browsing history"
- "Download history"
- "Cookies and other website data"
- "Images and files in the cache"
- "AutoFill form data"
- and many more.
Put a check mark on all records that you want to delete. Then tap on "Delete data" below. Depending on the amount of data, it can then take a while for Google Chrome to remove everything.
Additional tip: History, cookies, etc. can also be deleted in the mobile browser version. At the top of the app, tap the three-dot icon and select "History". Then you can go to "Delete browsing data" and select the data that should be removed. Finally, tap on "Erase data" at the bottom.
Is your Google Chrome slow? Delete add-ons & Chrome apps
You can extend the functionality of Google Chrome on your computer using add-ons and Chrome apps. But additional software affects the performance of the browser. You should therefore check regularly whether you are still using the extension. If the opposite is the case or if the add-on is even outdated, you can uninstall it.
Go to "More tools" using the three-dot icon. Then click on "Extensions" (alternatively type in chrome: // extensions /). Then you can uninstall add-ons and Chrome apps.
You can deactivate some functions of Google Chrome in the settings and thus avoid possible delays.
You can also deactivate these Google Chrome functions
Google Chrome offers additional functions in its "Security and data protection" and "Languages" settings, which are sometimes activated by default, but can also cause delays. If these features are not absolutely required, you should deactivate them: Switch to the settings via the three-dot icon and scroll down until you can click on "Advanced". You will now see the "Security and data protection" tab. Here you can switch off the following functions:
- "Use completion of search queries and URLs when entering them in the address bar": As soon as you type in the letters of a website in the address window, Google automatically completes the URL if you have already visited it before. This is useful, but Chrome uses your history for it. It is better to disable this option in order to avoid a slowed down browser.
- "Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google": In order to be able to continuously improve the browser, user data such as crash reports are regularly sent to Google. However, this is not absolutely necessary - so you can switch the function off.
A certain slider can also be switched off in the “Languages” tab: The “Offer translation of foreign language pages” function is activated as soon as you visit a website that is not in a foreign language. Google will then automatically offer to translate the content on the homepage. You can also turn off the pop-up function. Don't worry: Google can still translate websites for you. All you have to do is right-click on the website and then select "Translate into German".
- Is your Google Chrome too slow?
- Then check if your internet connection is causing the problem.
- See if the browser version is up to date.
- Delete history, cookies & Co. to get rid of data.
- Uninstall Chrome apps and add-ons if you are not using them or if they are out of date.
- Turn off Google Chrome functions that you don't absolutely need.
Is your Google Chrome running faster again? We look forward to your comment.
- Can i sell my money
- Was Gamal Abdel Nasser a Muslim
- How do I call a deer
- Should the royal family sue the papers
- How are financial billionaires made
- Who is the captain of Indian hockey
- How is IIIT Vadodara for CS
- Is Sasuke better at Taijutsu than Naruto
- Is your business blocking Gmail
- Why does Siri hate the Jarvis
- What is an isotope rock
- What do American adults eat
- How good are Sennheiser headphones
- What is a polygon with twelve sides
- Support Gal Gadot Benjamin Netanyahu
- How does writing generate ideas?
- What are some unknown facts about Brazil
- Is Christianity known in North Korea
- What are the best songs by Pink
- How do I start working with FPGAs
- How do organophosphates inhibit acetylcholinesterase
- Where can I buy estrogen pills
- What is stronger a penguin or a lion
- What are the characteristics of a photocell
- How effective is the CIA
- How true is KBC
- Why do people hate eBiz
- Stock trading app are trustworthy
- What is the setting to deserve
- What is a back flush toilet
- What kind of food increases mucus
- What are great podcasts for beginner teachers
- Where can I buy rose water
- Can control ambulance traffic lights