Why are parabens added to cosmetics
Parabens in cosmetic products -
Research results 2016
Various esters of para-hydroxybenzoic acid, also called pHB esters or parabens, may be added to cosmetic products as preservatives according to European cosmetics law in order to prevent possible contamination of the products during use. Animal experiments have shown that some parabens can affect the endocrine system. German and European scientific bodies took this as an opportunity to reassess the use of these substances in cosmetic products. The unanimous conclusion was that, based on the data available up to the current maximum amount of 0.4% (calculated as acid), methyl and ethyl parabens can be regarded as safe for all population groups. For the use of propyl and butyl paraben, a lowering of the maximum amount to a total of 0.19% (corresponds to 0.14% calculated as acid) was recommended by the experts and has now been adopted into EU cosmetics law. This is stipulated by Regulation (EU) No. 1004/2014. Due to the immature metabolism of babies and the possibility of skin injuries in the diaper area, the use of propyl and butyl parabens in agents that remain on the skin and which are designed for use in the diaper area of children under three years of age has also been banned by the said regulation . The use of five other parabens - isopropyl, isobutyl, phenyl, benzyl and pentyl paraben - has already been approved by an (EG
- What is meant by data scientist
- What lame in civil engineering
- How would rivers impede military operations?
- Can the average student crack JEE Adv
- Has anyone had experience stopping benzodiazepines?
- Kayne West is releasing a new album
- Are there video cameras in vehicles?
- Where's Whitey Bulger
- Which is better FMS or IIFT
- Aromatherapy relieves stress
- Will China change 3
- What is the best substitute for pork
- Birds reproduce sexually
- Why is automatic transmission oil red
- Who is the hottest CEO
- What is the color of CO2
- What causes really dark wax
- What is the business model behind Minecraft
- What are the main features of Hadoop
- Why is Google giving up Android for Fuschia
- Is it time for a change?
- What is Miller's theory
- How do platypuses protect themselves from predators
- What were your memories of Sunday school