Attracts Republicans to Bernie at all
According to US authorities, Russia wants to support Bernie Sanders
(afp) According to estimates by the American authorities, Russia wants to support the Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders in the primary campaign. This was reported by the Washington Post newspaper on Friday.
American officials had informed the left-wing senators that Moscow wanted to help its election campaign as part of an interference in the Democratic primary, it said. At first it was not clear in what form this should be done.
In response to the report, Sanders forbade any form of Russian influence. Unlike President Donald Trump, he does not see the Russian head of state Vladimir Putin as a “good friend”, said the current poll favorite in the democratic field of applicants. “To be honest, I don't care who Putin wants as president (of the USA). My message to Putin is clear: 'Stay out of US elections, and as President I will make sure you do that.' "
Division of US society
The US authorities assume that Russia wanted to support Sanders in the 2016 primary campaign against his rival Hillary Clinton in order to drive a division in society and ultimately to help the Republican candidate Trump. While Clinton prevailed against Sanders in the Democratic primary four years ago, she finally lost to Trump in the presidential election.
According to current media reports, the US secret services assume that Russia will also intervene in the US election campaign this year - in favor of incumbent Trump. The Russian government denied this on Friday, Trump himself spoke of a “new disinformation campaign” by the US Democrats.
The dispute over the intelligence service assessment was possibly the reason why Trump fired US secret service director Joseph Maguire this week and replaced him with the US ambassador to Germany, Richard Grenell.
Sanders is ahead
Sanders is currently ahead in polls for Democratic presidential candidates. But observers are wondering whether the 78-year-old could beat incumbent Trump in the presidential election in November. The Senator represents positions that are far to the left by American standards and could thus drive away many voters in the political center. Trump has already called him a “communist”.
According to the US secret services, Russia manipulated the 2016 presidential election campaign in particular through a campaign on online networks such as Facebook. For some time, the authorities have feared that Russia could interfere in the US elections this year as well.
- What are the most useful UNIX commands
- What is googlebot how does it work
- What are best design low-cost house
- What are the best books on networking
- I know myself
- What are the biggest shopping malls in Medan
- What's your rating of XSLT
- Is the Canadian shield any use
- Does vodka or bourbon taste better
- How to apply curd on hair
- Is a gigabyte motherboard worth the price
- Impermanence makes life possible
- How could I learn to clap?
- I can trust him very much on this side
- What is the Berlin Wall
- Which jobs are safe from technological progress?
- What caused the Boshin war
- How many tourists visit France every year
- How is petroleum produced
- How do I add in Excel
- What is the Hypertext Transfer Protocol
- What is a free PDF
- What are underrated online clothing stores
- The queen has her own regiment