What's your rating of Tidal Company
Tidal is taken over by payment company Square
Dorsey founded Square while on hiatus from Twitter and heads both companies. He himself raised the obvious question of how a streaming service and a financial services provider fit together in a series of tweets. His answer: It's about new ways in which musicians can earn money with their work.
Square has created new opportunities for small retailers with its smartphone and tablet POS system - and the experience could also be useful in the music industry, argued Dorsey. "We'll be working on completely new listening experiences to bring the fans closer together." It is also about a simple integration of the sales of fan merchandise, modern tools for cooperation and additional revenue streams. After the announcement, Square shares temporarily lost around four percent. Tidal was started in 2014 by a Norwegian company, the following year Jay-Z and several other stars took over the streaming provider with the idea of creating a music service that belongs to the artists themselves. Among other things, Tidal was a pioneer in streaming music in better quality for a higher subscription price. Overall, however, the service remained a niche offering far behind the two largest providers Spotify and Apple Music.
The other artists involved in Tidal should keep their shares, it said. Square pays the equivalent of around 247 million euros in a mixture of cash and stocks.
- What is Appian
- Why should we study turbo machinery
- Why am I addicted to combat?
- Are B2B portals good for business?
- How to thicken stew
- What is the game COD Mobile
- Do you know a Chartwell dentist
- Which characteristics of you are worth knowing
- How many varieties of rice are grown
- Why are Java bytecodes portable
- What are some movies like Troy 2004
- Should the royal family sue the papers
- Indians need bitcoins
- What are the media rights
- When do you use an exception in Java
- Leadership qualities fade with age
- What are some fun facts about badminton
- You can buy it online at TJ Maxx
- Which companies use IBM Connections
- How does Zomato collect data
- Would men willingly be prostitutes?
- How will 5G improve ATMs
- Which tools are similar to LaTeX
- Was Hitler actually an accomplished painter?