Where does God fight against Satan?
Keyword: Satan, Devil
The opponent of God. Its aim is to destroy people. That is why he fights against Jesus, whom God sent as a savior for the people.
The Hebrew word "Satan" originally means "enemy" and means someone who opposes another and wants to prevent him from doing what he does. (see e.g. 1 Kings 11:14, 23:25). In the later writings of the Old Testament, "Satan" became a proper name. It denotes the accuser who brings the guilt of men before God's throne at the heavenly judgment. In the book of Job (cf. Job 1,6 Job 2,1) he is characterized by the fact that he tries to make the world and people bad before God and wants to stir them up against God.
In the time of the New Testament, Satan finally became God's fundamental adversary. In addition to "Satan", there is also talk of the "devil" (Greek: "diabolos"), which literally means "the messy". The two terms are almost interchangeable, although it can be observed that the earlier writings of the New Testament speak of "Satan" and the later writings rather of the "devil".
The Satan / Devil stands against God and his kingdom. That is why he comes across as "the tempter", "the enemy" or "seducer". He is considered to be the real ruler of this world distant from God (cf. John 12:31), but who is finally overcome and destroyed by God.
- Which beaches have the clearest water?
- Should I let my ex-girlfriend go
- Why don't planets fall to earth
- Bruce Lee was a good programmer
- Why does amino acid show zwitterion formation
- How do I apply to MBBS in China
- Are you an assistant director
- There were black samurai warriors
- How to cook Indian dosa
- How reliable are BMW engines
- How do I study rocket science
- How do I cure psorciasis permanently
- Is the Harvey Weinstein effect conceivable in India?
- Where can a startup get good projects?
- Which face wash is best for oily skin
- Can diabetics eat berries?
- Why is Nikola Tesla important
- Why should you flash frozen meat
- Frrugal Bazaar is a real shopping website
- How can we be a bad person
- How did dinosaurs get long necks?
- How can filters reduce harmonics
- Have you outgrown social media?
- How dead is PROLOG today