What does a domain host do
What is web hosting?
If you want to publish a website, you can choose between different types of web hosting. Here is an overview of the hosting options that are most relevant in the corporate context:
Free / ad-supported hosting: The cheapest hosting option is only listed here for the sake of completeness. There are no fees for advertising-financed hosting, but users must expect severe restrictions in terms of configuration freedom and performance. Since it is economically nonsensical for companies to display third-party advertisements on their own website, this option is not applicable in a professional context.
Shared hosting: This form of hosting is one of the most common. Several web hosting accounts (websites) are hosted on a server. They share the hardware resources and the bandwidth of the system. However, the operators of one account do not have direct access to the data of another account. Both private and smaller professional users choose this form of hosting with relatively low fees. Security aspects speak against shared hosting - after all, the data is stored on a shared server together with external company data. The performance is also limited because resources are used jointly. If you run a site with a lot of traffic and want to ensure fast loading times, you will rather opt for hosting on a single server.
Virtual Dedicated Server: Virtual dedicated servers offer more security. Companies share the hardware of a server, but their accounts are created separately as separate virtual systems. As a rule, users have more extensive configuration options than shared hosting offers.
Cloud hosting: With this relatively new form of hosting, the website content is stored on interconnected (clustered) servers. This distributes the workload better and performance weaknesses of the shared hosting can be compensated up to a certain point, whereby the costs remain moderate. Cloud hosting is sometimes criticized in terms of data protection. If the hosting provider does not take appropriate security precautions, sensitive data can easily fall into the wrong hands.
Dedicated servers: Similar to the virtual dedicated server, a company's data is clearly stored here separately from other customers of the hosting provider - in this case on its own physical server, a completely separate device. The advantage: You can use the full bandwidth of the system for your online presence. Companies also receive full administration access and can configure the server themselves.
Managed hosting server: The website content of the user is stored on its own server, but the user does not have full control over the hardware, as is the case with the dedicated server. The configuration options are more limited. In return, the web host takes over administration and maintenance and relieves the IT resources of the company.
Server housing / colocation web hosting: With this form of hosting, a hosting provider provides companies with a space for their own servers. The configuration, administration and maintenance are completely in the hands of the company. This form is intended for companies that use their own hardware but want to know their servers in a professional environment. Colocation web hosting is one of the most expensive hosting options.
- What is the most peculiar musical instrument
- How many sons did Abraham have?
- Why are Axis Bank shares falling
- Is the Hadron Collider a bust
- Where can I find a diabetes cookbook
- What do cosmetics recommend for newbies
- What is quantum gravity and quantum space
- What is perception according to Advaita Vedanta
- What are some interesting criminal skills
- What's not in Japanese
- How is the engineering from MMMUT Gorakhpur
- Who can help me with financial help
- How well do fish finders work
- Is toilet paper necessary
- Is Icelandic Skyr Yogurt Healthy?
- DogeCoin goes to the moon
- Did the ancient Egyptians suffer from brucellosis
- What exactly does
- Coptic and demotic script are the same
- How long does the Liposonix treatment last
- What are the benefits of the jump instruction
- What is Amitabh Bachchan's profession
- Work ejection seats under water
- The Ramkrishna Mission is covered by the Hindu religion