What is the formula of portland cement
Along with water and aggregates, cement is one of the raw materials for concrete. The main components of cement are:
- Portland cement clinker (K)
A hydraulic substance that essentially consists of calcium silicates. Portland cement consists mainly of natural raw materials such as limestone, clay, sand and iron ore, which are burned into clinker and then ground with gypsum to form the finished cement.
- Slag sand (S)
When iron ore is smelted in the blast furnace, blast furnace slag is produced. The slag is quenched (granulated) with water. The result is a glassy solidified, latent hydraulic material that is ground to blast furnace slag.
- Natural pozzolans (P)
Powdered rock of volcanic origin, trass or sedimentary rock with a suitable chemical-mineralogical composition can react with dissolved calcium hydroxide and form hardenable compounds.
- High silica fly ash (V, W)
An artificial pozzolan is the fine-grained, vitreous combustion residue from coal dust, which is produced during exhaust gas cleaning in coal-fired power plants. Its properties depend on the type and origin of the combustion conditions.
- Burned Slate (T)
Made from natural oil shale. Slate is a sedimentary rock that occurs around the world.
A nice explanatory video from Heidelbergcement shows step by step how cement is made:
Expertise on the subject
Binders, additives and additives
BindersBinders are inorganic or organic substances that can be processed in the plastic state and that are ...
The water-cement value (w / c value) defines the ratio of water to cement in the cement paste of the fresh concrete: w / c = weight of the ...
Composition of concrete
Cement, water and aggregates are the raw materials for the building material. It can be adapted to the respective requirements by means of additives and substances.
Contact the Baunetz Wissen editorial team: [email protected]
BauNetz Wissen Beton sponsored by:
German cement and concrete industry represented by the
Information center concrete | Contact 0211 / 28048–1 | www.beton.org
- How does betting work in horse racing
- Narcissists learn through their mistakes
- Can Chromebooks play games
- What are internal processes
- Ladakh leh in August
- What spices detoxify to use
- Coma patients always died before IVs
- What does fog or war mean
- How do squeeze discs work
- Which films make women cry
- After which saint is Santa Claus named?
- Colored contacts are available in daily newspapers
- How is the South Point School
- Can Listerine reverse tooth decay
- Why is the internet full of hate
- Biomedical research is fun
- What is shoulder pain massage
- Which came first, mining or agriculture
- Are UDP sockets bidirectional
- Where can I get self-watering plants
- Where is the music school in Islamabad
- Should I cut my long hair
- What is half of dfrac 5 15
- Which is the most watched football league