Can a minister be charged with lying?
Stop Violence Against Women - Sign Now!
The Corruption Prosecutor's Office is investigating Chancellor Sebastian Kurz for possible false statements before the U-Committee! Should there actually be an indictment, it is clear to us: Chancellor Kurz must resign immediately!
The public prosecutor's office has well-founded suspicion that the Federal Chancellor, under obligation to be truthful, told the Ibiza investigation committee the untruth. For us it is clear: If the serious suspicion against Kurz is confirmed and an indictment actually occurs, that can only mean one thing for the Chancellor: immediate resignation! "An incumbent Federal Chancellor who is accused and is on trial can no longer exercise his office and must draw the consequences!" Explains our chairwoman Pamela Rendi-Wagner.
Lies without consequence?
“Now at the latest it is obvious why the ÖVP wants to abolish the truthfulness obligation in investigative committees: ÖVP politicians like Kurz and those close to the ÖVP had and still have problems with the truth in the investigative committee. National Council President Sobotka should apparently ensure that ÖVP politicians can lie in the future without fear of legal consequences, ”says our deputy. Club chairman Jörg Leichtfried. False testimony is at least a prison sentence of up to three years in the event of a conviction. “Sebastian Kurz himself always said that the limit is criminal law. Here we are in the middle of criminal law, ”recalls Leichtfried. Should the Federal Chancellor be charged with false testimony, then a red line has been crossed. "An accused Federal Chancellor can no longer exercise his office and must draw the consequences!"
Christian Germanon twitter
This federal government is now more concerned with corruption investigations, house searches, criminal proceedings and scandals than with its work. Green is silent out of panic at the impending loss of power. “Rien ne va plus”, finally admit it to you!
The Kurz government's devastating political record
In any case, the political balance sheet of the Kurz government is already devastating: In the meantime, investigations are being carried out against the Chancellor, the Finance Minister, the head of the holding company and the Chancellor's head of cabinet - all central figures of the "turquoise family". "This federal government is now more concerned with corruption investigations, house searches, criminal proceedings and scandals than with its work", emphasizes our federal managing director Christian Deutsch. If Kurz actually lied, our faction leader in the U-Committee Jan Krainer makes it clear, there are only two options for Chancellor Kurz: resignation or removal from office. Nobody is allowed to lie to Parliament!
- What is a website
- How does chemotaxis come about
- What is the Accenture Moving Allowance
- How does Carly Rae Jepsens act
- What are the Biggest US Renaissance Festivals
- Can you identify this shadow script?
- Why is daikon imported into Mexico
- Robinhood can last
- Why are the 2000s called the Aughts
- How can I play San Andreas online
- How do you overcome the fear of cockroaches
- Vitamins are a waste of money
- What is the average arithmetic mean
- How many counties are there in Vermont
- What are the secret clubs at UPenn
- Why does Julian Assange wear a tie?
- What is meant by approach in class
- How do you protest against anarchy
- Who invented the mosquito clap?
- How does lepromatous leprosy affect the victim
- Coenzyme A is actually an enzyme
- Why is bowling so difficult
- Why does mouth breathing cause dental problems
- How is CGPA calculated at NIT Trichy