Can I find sent messages on Instagram
As if conjured away: Instagram makes messages disappear in dark mode
After the story format, Instagram could implement another feature based on the Snapchat model. Reverse engineering expert Jane Manchun Wong found that the social network is testing a new extension for Messenger: messages that automatically disappear. Wong announced her discovery on Twitter and also gave an insight into what the new feature on Instagram could look like.
If the user uses dark mode for the Instagram app, sent messages disappear when the chat is closed. Instagram confirmed after Wong's discovery that such a feature was being worked on. On Twitter, the social media platform replied to Wong's post:
We're always exploring new features to improve your messaging experience. This feature is still in early development and not testing externally just yet!
Facebook is copying Snapchat again
It is not unusual for the social media apps to copy each other. For example, TikTok's recently updated account design looks a lot like that of Instagram. However, Facebook is more often inspired by Snapchat for new features. The social media giant launched its own new app as early as 2014: Slingshot. Just like with Snapchat, users could post content here that disappeared after a certain period of time. The remarkable thing about it: Facebook launched Slingshot after Snapchat turned down an offer to buy from Facebook. Facebook had to take its own app off the market in 2015 because it did not meet with a great response from users. However, that wasn't the only thing Facebook copied from Snapchat. Instagram also only implemented the extremely popular story format after it had already enjoyed great popularity on Snapchat.
Disappearing content is very popular with many social media users. Therefore, other social networks are also working on similar features, such as Twitter. The short message service recently announced that there could soon be a story format on the platform. The so-called fleets enable users to share content that disappears after 24 hours. These formats are designed to encourage users to post more. Because, according to Twitter, many users would feel uncomfortable if they post something that can be parmanent associated with their account. The Instagram tests discovered by Wong also speak for this trend. It is still unclear when the feature will be rolled out.
- Should I forget to apply to MIT
- The Indian browser is made Indian
- What is the approval process for production parts
- What are we Quorans doing wrong together
- Why shouldn't you get too confident?
- Can remove existing viruses by antivirus software
- Will AAP regain its lost glory
- What is naphthalene 1
- Is there a spectrum for sociopathy
- What is Emotion Guided A I.
- Why is OOP difficult to understand
- What do American adults eat
- Hires OFSS bank clerks
- How do I get my middle articles known
- Do sunstorms affect global warming
- What is a business reference
- What is the purpose of NVR
- How do you stop wind noise
- What is a worker job duties
- How do I play well in football
- Do animals enjoy massages?
- Bipolar disorder is a subcortical seizure disorder
- Why doesn't Photoshop CS6 open?
- How to write 63 in binary