How can I make my voice darker?
How do you get a deep voice?
5 tips and 3 starting points for a deeper and more convincing voice
Getting a deep voice: Whose voice is too high is often judged to be younger and less experienced. In professional discussions, in particular, your professional competence and your own standing must be particularly emphasized.
This can be annoying for you as the person affected and unnecessarily cost energy. In addition to technical issues, your attention will also focus on how the interlocutors react to you, whether they take you seriously and recognize your competence. Find out here how you can shape your professional relationships more successfully through a deep voice.
- 5 tips: getting a deep voice - that speaks for it!
- 3 starting points for a deep and convincing voice
- What's next? Change unfavorable speech patterns
- Conclusion: know your own voice and trust it!
5 tips: getting a deep voice - that speaks for it!
1. Your voice is too high
Are you sure you want to get a deep voice because you are often mistaken for younger and inexperienced than you actually are? Does it bother you to explain yourself more than necessary, to have to underpin your professional competence and yet sometimes not be taken seriously? Perhaps you have even received direct feedback on your voice from customers, supervisors, colleagues or friends?
2. You feel an unclear need to change something
No matter what you've tried, as soon as you answer a call or start a conversation, your voice will sound high and young. When you artificially speak deeper, you feel strained and tight in your throat. Absurd health-damaging tips such as smoking or alcohol consumption are out of the question for you. You want to get a naturally deep voice.
3. A deep voice exudes competence
In fact, the desire for a deep voice is no accident. People with deep voices, whether male or female, are more likely to be considered competent, trustworthy, confident and self-confident. However, this assessment is often based on a general transference. This effect, described in social psychology, says that people tend to ascribe individual audible or visible phenomena to a person's personality, although other causes are usually the explanation for this.
4. How does a high or low voice come about?
The voice is a complex phenomenon, which is formed from an interplay of straightening, breathing, larynx activity and emotional impulse. Everyone naturally has a pitch range of around 2 octaves available, which we never fully exploit when speaking. When speaking in our personal speaking vocal range, we naturally only use about a third of our pitch range. This, in turn, is where the tense and relaxed speaking voice range lies. The relaxed voice usually sounds a little deeper and rounder than the tense speaking voice.
Every person unconsciously has certain speaking habits and, for example, usually speaks lightly or darkly.
5. Do you speak in a tense or relaxed speaking voice?
Whether your voice is high or low depends entirely on the anatomy - that is, your personal physique. As far as the voice is concerned, there is little you can do about that. As a woman or a man, you have a specific, anatomically defined range at your disposal. And that's just as well. However, you can question your individual speaking habits, because every person unconsciously has certain speaking habits that can be changed. So one prefers to speak in the comfortable, relaxed speaking voice range and the other speaks rather brightly and tense.
Tip - Question your speaking habits
Do you speak more in the tense - brighter and slightly higher speaking voice range or do you also use the somewhat relaxed - soft and slightly lower speaking voice range? Some also call her the "chocolate voice"! And if so - in which situations?
Getting a deep voice - that is something to watch out for
3 starting points for a deep and convincing voice
The voice is a complex phenomenon - that influences it
1. Voice does not work alone
Whether on the phone or in a personal conversation - it has been proven that gestures and facial expressions have an influence on how a speaker appears that should not be underestimated. Most of the time, the tone of the voice changes intuitively when the body language changes. So make sure you use safe body language to optimally support your voice.
Tips - Pay attention to your body language and your standing
- Stand up so that you can move freely. Make conscious contact with your feet on the ground.
- Loosen your shoulders by moving them in a light circular motion. Loosen your neck muscles by turning your head gently and slowly to the right and left.
- Gesture freely. If you tend to make hectic gestures or make yourself small in terms of body language, straighten up! Gesticulate with flowing, widening movements.
Voice and speech technology helps to change the voice function in a targeted manner
2. Get a deep voice through vocal technique
In order to let the voice "fall" and to enable a round, deeper vocal sound, you need looseness. This particularly affects the throat and pharynx, the jaw, the tongue and the lips. This also includes relaxed facial muscles and facial expressions. If you want to build a warm, round voice, you should make friends with a relaxed facial expression.
Tips - Make sure you have loose, relaxed facial muscles
- Loosen up your facial muscles by dabbing gently over your entire face with your fingertips and humming gently and relaxed.
- Chew with relish as if you were enjoying something delicious and hum harder on "hmmm", "hmmmjommm". Check your sternum with the palm of your hand to see if you can feel a vibration through your voice.
- Yawn loudly and loudly: "yes yes yes". Let your voice drop easily. Vary the pitches in a playful way.
- Loosen your lips by moving them in all directions like a snout. Speak the days of the week loudly and clearly with the corners of your mouth relaxed. Be careful not to smile, but to keep the corners of your mouth loose and relaxed. If necessary, support with your index fingers by gently placing them at the corners of your mouth and gently pushing them towards your snout.
Consciously or unconsciously - voice as the No. 1 social medium expresses relationship offers, roles and emotions
3. Playing with expectations, roles and feelings
Often the voice does not sound the same in every situation or with every interlocutor. She can adapt to the situation at lightning speed, express emotions or let unconscious expectations echo between the lines. Most of the time people with higher voices observe that they certainly use a lower voice in certain situations. Then it is important to find out what they are doing differently here.
Tips - Watch out for situations where your voice sounds naturally deep
- What is the dominant emotion in situations where your voice is deep? How can you use this as a resource?
- What role do you see yourself in? Is there an inner part in you with a rather deeper voice that you can use more in the future?
Here's what to do if you haven't already managed to get a deeper voice.
What's next - change unfavorable speech patterns
The voice is formed from an interplay of posture, breathing, larynx activity and the shaping of our articulation muscles. If certain muscles are habitually activated when speaking, the voice cannot lower itself into the relaxed speaking voice - this can be changed through self-reflection and training or, if necessary, with the help of voice therapy. If in doubt, just speak to me, I would be happy to give you a quick free and non-binding advice on the phone.
Your voice is good as it is.
Bottom line 1 - know and trust your own voice
Even if you have the idea of optimizing yourself and want to train your own voice, it is advisable to briefly question this idea as well. Strong self-criticism is not always appropriate; sometimes feedback about your voice that you have received from others is not nuanced enough or too generalized.
tip - So before you change yourself, carefully review the criticism. It is often worth asking to specify a criticism and also to shed light on the entire situation in which the alleged problem arose.
Conclusion 2 - Accept your own voice and develop enthusiasm for playing
Even professionals often have difficulty accepting your own vocal tone. It takes a certain amount of getting used to your own voice, which you can achieve, for example, by listening to your own audio recordings. As bitter as it sounds, the way you hear yourself here, the rest of the world has always heard you.
tip - If you want to work on your voice, do so benevolently with a certain enthusiasm. Try it out, playfully discover your own voice - in the shower, in the car, at the bakery. First, practice in "unimportant" situations if possible and observe the reactions of your communication partners.
I wish you every success and look forward to feedback on your experiences!
You might also be interested in:
Voice is good! Free workshop on April 22nd, 2021
Speech training - who is it useful for?
Constant clearing of your throat - the most important background information and tips
- What are B and B creams
- What are Junction Objects in Salesforce
- How do I master a certain subject?
- Can be taught interior design
- Should I invest in CDs or records?
- Is a video game difficult
- Birla mutual funds are good
- How do I get great mentors
- Loves Loki his mother
- Why is Japanese graphic design so different
- When do pine nuts go bad
- Is the sales tax regressive?
- What are the nucleons
- What were Spinoza's mistakes?
- Is FeCl2 ionic or covalent
- Why do I feel special because of it
- What are some of the best Ayurvedic health tips
- Why do people hate eBiz
- How many help us to hear
- How do you get out of depression
- Had Chairman Mao ever ridden a motorcycle
- Can I speak to someone now?
- What language is Chinese based on
- Mark McGwire was an overrated gamer