Can SharePoint be used as a CRM
SharePoint and Dynamics 365: Migration of the CRM document storage
Those who get the productivity tools SharePoint and Dynamics 365 from the Microsoft cloud nowadays no longer have to worry about release changes - Microsoft relieves the company of all associated tasks and provides the latest version. But by no means all companies are relying on the cloud. Specially managed application servers and the various challenges associated with them are still common today.
The following business case is examined in detail below:
The initial situation shows that Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft SharePoint are used together to manage business data centrally. SharePoint can make optimal use of its strengths in terms of document management and, together with Dynamics 365, supports users in working together in business processes.
From a technical point of view, in this example, SharePoint 2010 was connected to Dynamics 365 using server-to-server integration. This means: all documents that are uploaded to Dynamics 365 are saved on a site collection "CRM" provided on SharePoint.
To keep up with the times, SharePoint should now be updated to the latest version. This brings with it the challenge that “the new SharePoint 2016” is addressed via a different URL than the previous one. Dynamics 365 must be informed accordingly where the linked files can be found.
When setting up the new SharePoint environment, it is important to ensure that the folder structure within the SharePoint SiteCollection “CRM” is retained. In fact, all data can be simply copied from the old to the new SharePoint server environment using "copy-paste".
But how do you let Dynamics 365 know where the files can be found and stored?
Dynamics impresses with its relational data design. This also applies to the document storage locations: All file paths point relationally to a main storage location.
The migration of SharePoint data is easy thanks to Dynamics 365. All the administrator has to do is change the URL in the master record to match the new SharePoint server.
As mentioned at the beginning, this step will only be necessary for specially hosted applications. When the applications are obtained from the Microsoft Cloud, the work is completed after a one-time setup and the migration becomes obsolete.
Category: Dynamics 365, SharePoint 2016, central customer data
- Which accidents should be reported to OSHA
- Which hybrid tablet PC should I buy?
- What is the best car for you
- What do you think of agnostics
- Which rapper makes the most money
- How does email marketing benefit
- What is involved in becoming an insurance provider
- Can I calculate the area of the supports?
- Is hypnosis safe
- What do failed services mean
- When can babies go swimming
- How do I calculate for painting
- Who created the Bloomberg BusinessWeek + iPad app
- What is the lifespan of plastic
- Is Mallorca dangerous
- How would Donald Trump declare marriage
- CCNA or SAP
- What are great baby names from Ireland
- How do jet streams cause aircraft turbulence?
- Are empaths good at seeing other intentions
- How do floor model air conditioners work
- Why doesn't WinRar actually calculate people
- How do I take part in the Olympic Games
- What is Python and who created Python