Should I sell my Nintendo Switch games?
Nintendo: Switch and games continue to sell splendidly
The Nintendo Switch also set new records in the last quarter of Nintendo's fiscal year, which ended at the end of March 2021, and even surpasses the forecasts that Nintendo had only revised upwards in February of this year. Console and game sales again increased significantly compared to the previous year.
44 percent increase
In the first quarter of 2021, sales of the Nintendo Switch increased again by 44 percent, so that 28.83 million copies were sold within one year. In the previous fiscal year, Nintendo was able to sell a total of around 21 million Switches, so sales rose significantly by 37 percent year-on-year. Nintendo's forecast, adjusted in February, was 26.5 million Switch sold for the fiscal year. Originally, Nintendo only expected sales of 19 million Switches in the fiscal year a year ago, but the global pandemic has continuously had a positive effect on Nintendo Switch sales. And Nintendo expects that this trend will continue and that the Switch will continue to sell very well in the fiscal year that has just begun.
Games sales are also increasing
Game sales also increased by 37 percent in the fiscal year, so that a total of 230.88 million games were sold compared to 168.72 million copies in the same period of the previous year. The draft horse in the now closed fiscal year was Animal Crossing: New Horizons with 20.85 million copies sold. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe continued to sell well with 10.62 million copies due to the lack of a successor, followed by Super Mario 3D All-Star with 9.01 million units. Ring Fit Adventure sold 7.38 million copies. The relatively new Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury has sold 5.59 million times so far. In total, Nintendo has sold 587.12 million Switch games since 2017.
Nintendo's sales increased 35 percent from 9.88 billion euros (1.3 trillion yen) to 13.38 billion euros (1.76 trillion yen). The annual profit is 3.65 billion euros. In the new fiscal year, Nintendo expects sales of 12.1 billion euros.
Switch could soon overtake the Wii
In total, the Nintendo Switch has sold 84.59 million consoles worldwide since it was launched in 2017. It is slowly approaching the Wii mark, which has sold 101.63 million copies.
- Frank HüberEmailTwitter... has been writing about smart homes, monitors and new technologies since 2000. He completed his studies with a degree in engineering.
- Which US presidents were bilingual or multilingual
- What is your rating of Mechanical Keyboard
- How did people know how to cook?
- What is the Russian word for program
- How to learn to sketch quickly
- Who is the father of YouTube Google
- What tastes better baked than fried?
- Why is the room not empty
- How does Adobe Insight work
- How does ADO NET
- Collect some rainwater plants
- How do you automate your home
- Is a liver transplant good
- Why some people are completely blind
- How can I create a translation program
- Should I get my hair wet every time I shower?
- Why do you need a verification code
- What do you think of platonic love
- What does FORD stand for
- Green investing is already a viable option
- This is how the brake pressure sensor works
- Have you ever had to file a disability
- Does Nevada Recycling
- What face creams have hyaluronic acid