What is an Erling Stone
This component has a cult character - the names given by its fans testify to this:
- "Lamp stone" ... thanks to its use as a headlight
- "Washing machine"
- "Peephole One"
- "Erling Brick" ... named after the LEGO designer Erling Dideriksen, who invented this element in 1979
If the lamp brick is installed rotated by 90 ° and a plate is placed on it, this construction is exactly as high as a normal LEGO brick or as three small plates.
In 1979, the first LEGO sets that contained lamp bricks appeared. Initially, they were really only used for headlights and taillights. But that should change soon ...
The absolute cult car of the 80s contained the insane amount of four lamp stones in elegant black.
Geometry of the lamp stones
The geometry of the lamp stones is very interesting. They have two knobs, one on top and one on the side. But they also have two anti-knobs, i.e. holes in which knobs can be clamped. Of course, there is an anti-nub at the bottom, but there is also a square recess at the back into which exactly one nub fits.
The information in the figure shows the so-called "LDraw unit", ie the basic unit as it is used in the LDraw CAD system for LEGO.
The special characteristics of the lamp block actually do not fit into the overall geometry of the other LEGO elements. So there are always rumors that this element will no longer be produced in the future. But even the designers at LEGO want to prevent that of course ...
SNOT with lamp stones
Everyone should be familiar with the headlights and taillights (~ lamp bricks) of LEGO cars from the 80s. This ingenious little component is indispensable when snotting.
This example shows how elegantly the plates are held between the lamp blocks. The distance between the lamp stones is a knob, the "notched" area consists of three 1x2 plates.
This construction uses technical stones or normal stones with additional knobs on the side instead of the lamp stones. The distance between the lamp stones is two knobs, the "notched" area consists of five 1x2 plates.
A very similar construction. Here the distance between the lamp stones is three knobs, the "notched" area consists of a 1x2 stone and five 1x2 tiles.
- Can the United Nations invade a country?
- Can you argue that black is white
- What can we do with CA preparation
- Why is deadlock a problem
- Am i in shape
- What is a CNC control
- Which codons are inatiates the termination
- How strong is carbon fiber
- What's your rating of Tata Nano
- What are particles
- What kind of cheese is cheddar
- How do I start computer programming
- Why do people misinterpret Nietzsche
- When did dry cleaning start
- How are Muslim women today
- What is forklift maintenance
- Is it strange to find sadness beautiful?
- What is Sir Alex Ferguson's Hair Dryer Treatment
- Does the PBISE test have any relevance
- Is it haram to listen to music?
- Is humanity close to achieving world peace?
- Babysitter what is care coms revenue
- How to care for a wood chopper
- How can I display tags on YouTube