Who invented the cotton gin 1
Cotton is a very thirsty plant that is also attractive for pests - it wants to be watered continuously and it is also pumped full of pesticides so that the nasty caterpillars and bedbugs cannot feast on it. To produce a T-shirt, for example, you need around 2000 liters of water. A hardcore example is the Aral Sea (today Uzbekistan before the USSR), originally the fourth largest lake on earth - so large amounts of water have been taken from its tributaries for cotton cultivation since the 1960s that the lake was exposed to extensive salinization and has almost disappeared today! Bravo, well done!
It is also noteworthy that 25% of all pesticides used on the planet are used in cotton cultivation - in the USA my favorite company Monsanto provides the seeds, pesticides and also the pharmaceuticals to heal the cancerous cotton farmers again. If that's not a success story?
And here we have not even reached production - in order not to neglect the human-ecological aspect, it must be mentioned that, according to UNICEF estimates, around 90 million children worldwide work in the cotton industry. Very happy during the harvest, but of course also in the processing factories. 14 hours days at risk to health (85% of all those employed in the textile business worldwide are women - but I think Zara belongs to a man, by the way, he has now overtaken Bill Gates in the Forbes list) for starvation wages are common.
The use of chemicals continues after the harvest, of course, fresh and cheerful - it is bleached (who wants such a beige-white body), washed, dyed, printed, refined, mercerized, coated, non-iron, made antibacterial and dirt-repellent ... without end!
Every industrial development of a country begins with the textile industry - it is a blessing and a curse - it weighs on the bowed backs of children and women and our earth is poisoned.
You should think about whether you really want the “next T-shirt”!
In God we trust, all others must pay cash!
- Is the show Lucifer a Netflix Original
- What are the secret clubs at UPenn
- Can we eat lizards
- What Indian food is famous in Australia
- Can be a 13-14 year old babysitter
- What is the salary of BAMS
- Warming peppermint oil can reduce allergies
- Malamute dogs are part of wolf
- Where can I download Ansys Workbenchs tutorials
- What does the width 100 do in CSS
- What is the domain authority in blogging
- Are oysters consciously alive and sensitive
- Are papers synonymous with actual research?
- How do I solve the network mapping problem
- Every edible insect has vitamin B12
- Are Twitter impressions marketable?
- How are customer needs changing
- When should I delegate?
- Should you tip the deliverers
- Tip is shown in Form 26AS
- How do I fix my email name
- Why are hydrogen-powered trains unusual?
- How do I get a library card
- Why is any number times zero zero