The seed patents ruin the farmers
European chicken in West Africa
We enjoy chicken breast - but what happens to the rest of the chicken? An example of the western contribution to hunger in the world is the "chicken send". Because we prefer to only eat chicken breasts in Europe, there is a lot of edible “waste”: Chicken wings and legs are shipped to Benin or Ghana, for example. Since the disposal of our overproduction would be more expensive in Europe, the "waste" is sold there at extremely low prices.
The imported chicken parts from overseas are much cheaper there, which is why local poultry producers can no longer find buyers. The result: the local markets and thus numerous jobs in poultry production are lost. The livelihoods of the smallholders who produced animal feed are also being destroyed. Something similar happens with milk powder or tomato paste from the EU and the USA.
No way to-HANDEL-t!
The story of chicken meat exemplarily shows: The conditions in world trade are unequal. Many so-called developing countries lowered theirs in response to pressure from the EU in recent decades Import duties, which they are in front of the above Dumping exports from the EU should protect. Europe in particular pursued a similar protection policy after the Second World War in order to develop its own agriculture.
In addition, with its export subsidies, the EU has promoted the sale of surpluses from domestic production in the so-called developing countries in recent decades. As a result, many governments in so-called developing countries are the neglected smallholder agriculture. The dependence on imports from Europe increased. These export subsidies are now rightly being reduced bit by bit. It remains vague, however, whether the large European piano suppliers will end their cheap and unfair export practices.
Subsidies - who is using what here?
Another critical subsidy policy still exist within Europe. The aids do not necessarily go to companies in need, but often to large industrial companies. Of the Direct payments 20 percent of the companies receive just 70 percent from joint EU funds. If one looks at the allocation of funds in Europe, then six percent of the largest companies receive 69 percent of the aid money, according to the research results of the “My Agriculture” campaign. That means that in Germany, too, the small family farms do not benefit. In addition, ecological standards have so far not been adequately taken into account and promoted.
So it is not about playing off rural areas in the countries of the south against rural areas in the north. The challenges in the agricultural sector are global and can only be solved from a comprehensive perspective.
The GEPA is now showing an example of how this works. Here, fair organic alpine milk meets fair organic cocoa: www.gepa-jetzt-faire-milch.de
We demand: food sovereignty for everyone!
The European Union's Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) is currently being renegotiated. So now is the chance to shape it so that everyone can live well. Our agricultural policy must not harm the people in the so-called developing countries either! EU agricultural policy must guarantee people in developing countries that you Human right to adequate food will be taken into account in the future.
- What is bad science
- How do I get die cast drag cars
- Where did electricity come from and how
- How effective was Agent Orange
- What are the procedures to sell ship
- Neurons are round like other cells
- How can you improve your logical skills
- What is Squares Acquiring Bank
- Is it worth it to lose weight
- How does neroli smell
- Where should I study chemistry from?
- Which platform is better CRM or CEM
- How can I overcome previous problems
- Could a baby moose be tamed
- Successful meditation can lead to decreased ambition
- Which artist sang the song honestly?
- What is the Etard Reaction Mechanism
- What are some examples of demarcation
- What is the old Siddha or Ayurveda
- What is a hummum
- How many tails does a kitsune have
- What is really going on in Somalia
- Is Islam taking a wrong turn?
- What should a person know about astronomy
- Can we use expired disinfectants?
- What is autoclaved aerated concrete
- Are there unsafe areas in Nonthaburi Thailand
- Why does shisha make you dizzy?
- What is the importance of coloration in microscopy
- Why delete your answers 1
- Why do new teachers need mentors
- Are the catacombs of Paris habitable
- Will be President of Beto ORourke in 2021
- Can science determine the presence of ghosts?