How do beginners learn the automation test
7 steps to becoming a test automation specialist
A good test automation engineer needs certain skills and tools to use automation meaningfully and effectively. The following seven steps show the most important points on the way to becoming a good test automation specialist.
1. Don't ignore manual tests
Codeless, automated test tools are the future. To become a good test automation engineer, it is important to have a basic understanding of programming and manual testing.
Knowing the reasons for using manual and automated testing helps understand the difference between the two. Automated testing is, to some extent, definitely a substitute for manual testing. So there is no way to escape the coding.
2. Programming skills
Newbies to automation often ask: “Can I learn automated testing without programming knowledge?” Because most people want to skip the coding part. Beginners need knowledge of the following languages:
Java, Java Script, C / C ++, SQL, Python, XML, HTML, CSS
The technical skills a manual tester should master: test architecture, test design, agility and interaction in manual testing, troubleshooting, DevOps
The combination of all of these skills can help move to automated testing easily and smoothly.
3. Understand the application
Complete information about previous and existing problems in an application is necessary in order to understand new problems. Therefore, automation test engineers need to understand the software application under test inside and out. The common application details that every automation tester must consider are:
- What programming languages were used in developing the application?
- On which platform is the application built?
- Which databases are involved?
- Are there any web services / APIs associated with different parts of the system? How are these connected?
- What is the goal of the owner developing this application?
- Which functions and features are expected of the application to be developed?
- How are the requirements defined?
- Have manual tests been performed in this application?
- What tools are used for the manual tests?
- How many manual hours did it take to test this application?
- Are there regression tests and are they prioritized?
- Which procedural model is used?
- Are there already serious problems or unsolved bugs?
- What is the estimated delivery date of the application?
- These are just a few points that can vary depending on the complexity of the application.
4. Experience with automation tools
To become a good test automation specialist, one needs to experiment with the leading test automation tools on the market. Experimentation helps gain knowledge of the architecture, the environment, the feasibility of the applications being tested, and much more.
It will also help determine which tool will meet most of the individual test automation needs.
5. Understanding Automated Testing Lifecycle Methodology (ATLC)
The ATLC is a multi-stage process for integrating automation tools, generating test data, creating and executing test cases.
In order to understand and follow the ATLC, experience in the following points is necessary:
- Decision making in automated testing.
- Test automation tools.
- Test automation process.
- Test planning, design and development.
- Execution and administration of test scripts.
- Review and evaluation of test programs.
The ATLC methodology must be carried out in every test automation project.
6. Create a test automation strategy
ATLC methodology and automated test tools are the basis for creating the test automation strategy for the customer or employer.
A test automation specialist initiates the preparation of the test automation strategy, the completion of the tools and the ROI calculation.
The creation of the automation strategy is a very important part as it defines the way to reduce manual testing hours and meet customer ROI.
7. Test trends
The most important part of this industry is keeping up with the latest trends in software testing and test automation.
The current best practices, tools, techniques, tips and tricks help to successfully optimize the test automation strategies and methodology.
What should be automated, which tools are best suited for which requirements, automation in agile teams and a comparison of different automation tools are topics that accompany you on the way to becoming a test automation specialist. We cover these topics in our crash course for beginners in test automation. Register here for free!
- Billionaires would survive the zombie apocalypse
- Ecology What do ecologists think of astrobiology
- Which smartphone model does Warren Buffett use?
- What is the culture of your organization
- Friends masturbate together
- What is the most striking color
- Who is James Alexander Walker
- Will everyone return in Avengers 4
- Are there actually street surgeons
- Is 4G LTE GSM
- Are Carroll's accusations against Trump lies
- What's new in the iPhone 12 design
- What's the best Craigslist mobile app
- How to paint over Formica
- What does picture mean in this context
- How does an astronaut pen work
- How do I master a certain subject?
- Why are starfish considered a keystone species
- Are Venus flytraps sensible
- What are native Java APIs
- Why do penguins attack people
- How can I set my grade?
- The second change is obsolete
- What if the earth had 5 moons?