Are SaaS applications secured
What is software as a service?
Use new opportunities with SaaSSoftware as a Service - SaaS for short - is a model in which software is centrally provided, supported and operated as a service for users. With the SaaS provider, the customer does not buy software as a product, but obtains it as a service - in a subscription, so to speak - from the cloud. For this he pays a monthly usage fee. SaaS is more than just “rental software”: The SaaS provision model includes the software being hosted, further developed, administered and secured. The purchaser saves the costs of his own IT infrastructure and has a flexible, scalable and always up-to-date solution. This is how software becomes service. Customers are not left alone with a supposedly finished software product, but are continuously supplied with continuously updated software. SaaS providers, mostly cloud computing companies, take care of system care, maintenance and backups, but above all the further development of the software, the upgrades (functional extensions) of which are continuously and automatically made available to users.
How common is SaaS?Software as a Service is continuously expanding its market share as an alternative to conventional software. In contrast, the applications installed on site, so-called in-house or on-premise software, are losing ground. According to the industry association Bitkom (Cloud Monitor 2015 study), 44 percent of companies used cloud computing or software as a service in 2015 and a further 24 percent are planning to use it. SaaS and cloud computing in general are about to fundamentally change the IT industry.
What are the benefits of SaaS?
1. SaaS enables you to concentrate on your core business.Anyone who uses software as a service no longer needs to worry about anything technical. Customers do not need a data center or complex IT administration and they do not have to buy any licenses. You can simply work with your cloud application and always be sure that it is working properly. The SaaS providers take care of maintenance, permanent availability, backup and upgrades. This means that SaaS users can fully concentrate on those tasks that really add value, instead of having to deal with bothersome IT administration duties.
2. SaaS is cheap.In contrast to conventional software, business solutions from the cloud save investment and operating costs.
- The customer does not need their own IT infrastructure for software as a service.
- No know-how for IT operations has to be built up or purchased on site.
- There is no need to purchase software licenses, middleware or databases.
- The rapid introduction of software as a service leads to an extremely short "time-to-value" interval.
- You only pay for what is actually needed: Serious SaaS providers have price models that are based on actual usage. Licenses can be added or canceled to the exact day. There can be neither bottlenecks nor overhangs in terms of server load and storage capacity.
- The financial risk is easier to estimate with Software as a Service, as the monthly costs for SaaS are contractually agreed.
- Most SaaS providers allow interested parties to try out the software for a while with a free test account. That minimizes the risks.
3. SaaS can be introduced quickly.Time-consuming installations and complex implementations are a thing of the past with Software as a Service: the applications are available immediately. Standard solutions are also so flexible that the user interface can be adapted for each task area. New users can be activated within a very short time.
4. SaaS is always up to date.Without having to worry about it themselves, SaaS customers always use the latest and greatest version of the software. The innovation cycles with Software as a Service are shorter than with conventional software and the updates are provided at no additional cost.
5. SaaS is flexible.SaaS can be adapted to any company size. The functions and storage space of the software can be expanded at any time. If the SaaS solution allows user settings to be duplicated and transferred, new employees receive a fully functional workstation that is adapted to their needs in a matter of minutes. Anyone who uses modular, integrated company software such as Scopevisio can also provide employees with the modules they need. Sales employees get a CRM license, accountants get an ERP or finance license, project managers get a license for the ERP or the project management application. The management receives a complete suite and thus an overview and evaluation options for all functional areas.
6. SaaS is safe.Data is still being carried around the world on smartphones and tablets, on laptops, USB sticks or portable external hard drives. There is always the risk that the devices can be stolen, damaged or lost. In addition: Computer backups are rarely created reliably on a daily basis and security patches and updates are not installed on all computers. With a German cloud provider such as B. Scopevisio, on the other hand, company data is as secure as it can never be in the company itself: Scopevisio's redundant server infrastructure is located in the data center of the Telecity Group in Frankfurt and offers the highest level of data and network security.
7. SaaS is reliable.Traditional applications can stall if the server load becomes too heavy or storage space becomes scarce. When was the last time the internet crashed? To use SaaS applications from the cloud, all you need is a computer with internet access. Or a tablet. The applications are stable and your data is as safe as it is in Abraham's lap. Scopevisio saves all data three times a day as a backup on hard drives and also once a day as a backup on tapes. The data is mirrored both synchronously and asynchronously. They are saved over twelve network segments.
8. SaaS enables new forms of collaboration.Every registered user has access to the data released for him - regardless of whether he is in the home office, on a business trip or in the branch. All he needs is a PC with an Internet connection. This simplifies company-wide and cross-company cooperation with, for example, tax advisors or auditors. Suppliers, partners or customers can also be included if necessary.
9. SaaS is future-oriented.Decentralized company organization, cross-company cooperation, permanent adaptability - the challenges companies face today cannot be mastered with conventional software. Conventional systems are too inflexible and too expensive. SaaS is not just an alternative to existing systems, but the IT solution for business processes in the 21st century.
Use the advantages of the cloud with the company software from Scopevisio!
Your non-binding entry into the Scopevisio world
Can we help you?
Request information material
Do you have any further questions that you would like us to answer? We will put together your individual information package according to your requirements.
Arrange an online demo
Would you like to find out more about software from the cloud? We answer your questions and show you the advantages of working with Scopevisio.
Request a callback
Do you have any questions or would you simply like some advice? Make an appointment to call you back. Our experts will be happy to help you personally.
- What is the meaning of a taxi
- How can I debug Java Card
- Do GSM phones work on Verizon?
- How many hours do programmers sleep
- How to make windshield washer fluid
- What is top-down construction
- What are the smallest museums in America
- How can we change the world easily
- Can become an animator, graphic designer
- Are there any advantages to studying Unani?
- What's the worst about smoking
- What's your wow moment in PUBGM
- If benzene is hydrogenated
- Why do people hate eBiz
- What is an azeotropic refrigerant
- Why are we not happy 1
- Why are more people in Africa poor
- What is learned from high school
- How do I learn to wash clothes
- Is the ASUS R558UQ a good laptop
- How to use AJAX with the mobile app
- Are there clubs in IET DAVV
- How many territories does the US administer
- Can we make money building websites