Is caffeine really unhealthy
Coffee: healthy or healthy?
The most popular drink among Germans is coffee - everyone drinks around 150 liters on average per year. In many cases, coffee can have positive effects on health. This is the conclusion reached by British researchers who have evaluated more than 200 studies.
- Three to four cups of coffee a day usually have a positive effect on health. Moderate coffee consumption is associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and liver cancer. A lower risk of Parkinson's, diabetes, Alzheimer's and depression is also suspected.
- In pregnant women, however, excessive coffee consumption can have a negative impact on the health of the growing child. Possible consequences are a below-average birth weight or a premature birth.
- Women who suffer from osteoporosis should reduce their coffee consumption.
Despite all the indications that coffee has a beneficial effect on health, scientists warn against euphoria. They point out that, in addition to coffee consumption, other factors could play a role in the studies, for example smoking, physical activity and diet.
Coffee lowers inflammation in fatty liver
The positive effect of coffee on the liver metabolism has been scientifically proven. Studies have shown that people with non-alcoholic fatty liver who do not have a lipid metabolism disorder benefit from up to six cups of coffee a day. One of the reasons for this is the anti-inflammatory effect of caffeine.
Caffeine wakes you up
In the brain, caffeine displaces the tired adenosine from the receptors of the nerve cells. This increases drive, mood, alertness and concentration. In addition, caffeine increases the speed of thinking, makes learning easier and improves long-term memory.
Coffee protects the human genome
Another study comes to the conclusion that coffee is supposed to protect the human genome (DNA) from damage. To this end, the influence of coffee on the DNA of 84 men was examined. Half of the subjects drank three to four cups of black coffee every day for four weeks. The other half only drank water during the same period. Before and after, the genetic material was examined in all study participants. It has been shown that the DNA of coffee drinkers is less damaged than that of water drinkers. Since the test subjects only differed in terms of their coffee consumption, the researchers assume that the coffee protected the DNA from destruction.
Differences between espresso and filter coffee
It is not known which of the up to 1,000 components in coffee produce which effects. Almost all studies refer to black filter coffee without milk and sugar. The role of the variety and the preparation also needs to be examined more closely:
- espresso contains less acid than filter coffee, as it is lost during long roasting. Therefore, espresso is easier on the stomach than filter coffee.
- Filter coffee has less cafestol and kaherol - two substances that have a negative effect on cholesterol levels. They get stuck in the filter. If you have high cholesterol levels in your blood, you should rather drink filter coffee.
A cup of coffee contains 80 to 120 milligrams of caffeine. This dose works for an average of four hours. Adding milk to the coffee can significantly extend the duration of its action. The fat in milk delays the absorption of caffeine in the blood. Over time, the brain gets used to the caffeine.
Coffee varieties in the test
Freshly brewed filter coffee is one of the most popular drinks. How good does the coffee from Dallmayr, Eduscho, Jacobs, Melitta and Tchibo taste? more
This topic in the program:
Visit | 05.12.2017 | 8:15 pm
- Narcissists steal money
- Why are there so few parsis
- Provides CAMS with free mutual fund services
- How useful is CS
- What is the best selling website
- Can I send photos from a phone
- What is a subordinate policy
- How bad is proprietary software
- How does email marketing benefit
- Where would humanity be without crime?
- What will happen when everyone becomes LGBT
- How should I learn AP Style
- Can Przewalski horses be tamed?
- What are the advanced transcendental meditation techniques
- Has global warming slowed down?
- How many children can a man produce
- Swelling may cause red tide
- What are the best security apps for smartphones
- What will be the substitute for soy
- How do gravity and matter interact
- What are some characteristics of J Pop
- Which prefix means under less or less
- Now foreign social software is better
- What is the Sedona Method
- Do you like to program? If so, why
- How was calypso worshiped in ancient Greece
- How are nuclear waste stored
- Which package manager does Debian use
- Which you CAN'T kill someone with
- How cows digest grass
- Whose laptops are better HP or Dell
- How and when is wheat grown
- Loves Ash Misty
- What do you do with rats?