What is georgian
The Scriptures of the World: The Georgian Script
The Georgian language belongs to the South Caucasian (Cartelian) language family, which in turn belongs to the Caucasian language family. The Caucasian language family comprises around 40 languages, which are divided into three subgroups:
In addition to the South Caucasian and Kartvelian, these include the Abkhazo-Adygean (Northwest Caucasian) and the Post-Dagestan (Northeast Caucasian).
In addition to Georgian, Swan, Sanisch, Lasisch and Mingrelian belong to the South Caucasian language family. A verifiable relationship to other languages has not yet been found, neither to Indo-European, nor to Semitic or Altay.
With more than four million speakers, Georgian is the largest single language in the group of South Caucasian languages. As the official language in Georgia, it is also the only language in this group to have official status.
Outside Georgia you can find speakers of Georgian in Turkey, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Iran, Russia and Ukraine.
In addition to Georgian, Azerbaijani, Armenian, Russian, Abkhazian and Ossetian are spoken in Georgia.
Knight letters or Mchedruli - the Georgian alphabet Georgian has a long tradition as a literary and cultural language. Georgian language literature can be traced back 1,500 years.
According to tradition, it is even older than Christianity.
The first literary finds in Georgian date from the 3rd century BC. So the Georgians already had a script before their own Georgian alphabet emerged.
The Georgian alphabet probably developed at the beginning of the 5th century. Some researchers are of the opinion that this happened under the influence of the Greek out of the Aramaic alphabet. However, this view is controversial.
In any case, the fact is that the Georgian alphabet has the same sequence of letters as the Greek alphabet. This makes the Georgian script one of the oldest Eastern European scripts.
The current form of the Georgian alphabet or the Georgian script, called Mchedruli, developed in the 11th century AD and represents the third stage of development of the Georgian script.
In the history of the origins of the font, a distinction is made between three chronologically consecutive fonts, the Mrgwlowani-Script (Asomtawruli) from the 5th century.
From this emerged in the 9th century KutchovaniScript (Nusxa-xucuri, Nusxuri) and finally in the 11th century the Mchedruli- Font that is used up to the present day with some changes.
The original 38 letters of the Georgian alphabet became today's 33. These are divided into 28 consonants and 5 vowels.
Since there is a letter for every phoneme, i.e. for every sound, the alphabet accurately reproduces the pronunciation of Georgian.
The font is read from left to right and does not differentiate between upper and lower case.
The following table gives you an overview of the characters in Georgian:
breathed T as in Tüll
as in Russian (dark L., formed in the throat
rolled tongue tipR.
breathed P. as in petting
breathed K as in Kanal
Larynx sound between ღ and ხ (plosive sound)
voiceless sch as in schgoodbye
breathed Tsch as in Kuche
breathed Ts as in Zunge
Ts (short, plosive sound)
Tsch (short, plosive sound)
To make it easier for you to learn the Georgian language, we have also created a file for you with the keyboard layout of the Georgian script. With this you can practice writing the Georgian language on the PC.
Or would you like to practice writing Georgian script yourself?
Then our exercise template for Georgian characters is right for you. You can print out the sheet of paper and find space to write down the characters there.
If you would like to find out more about the language, culture, country and people of Georgia, take a look at the websites http://www.sakartwelo.de and http://geokulturforum.de.
Maybe we could arouse your interest - if you haven't already - in the Georgian script?
In any case, we hope you enjoy learning!
Your editorial staff of Sprachenlernen24
- Are there video cameras in vehicles?
- Electrical engineering Why were memristors not discovered earlier?
- Which data sets does Renaissance Technologies use
- What are some agricultural applications for biotechnology
- Stock trading app are trustworthy
- What were Snape's true feelings about Draco?
- In which country are there beautiful trains?
- Is cocoa critically endangered
- Will Britain use its military against Iran?
- How could I learn to clap?
- How are Buddhist monasteries financially supported?
- How can hyperlipidaemia be treated without medication
- How old is the average babysitter
- Is PMS a good investment idea
- Is evolution a one-time process
- Can x 2 be written as xx
- Who is the Mughal ruler in 1650
- What caused the American Civil War 1
- Why shouldn't you have spinach for dinner?
- Which color stands for knowledge
- Why are INFJs and INTJs so misunderstood
- Why were the Teletubbies canceled
- Who is the most beautiful argentinian actress
- What is the Prothrombin Index
- What does a budget cost
- Online classifieds companies require registration
- What is the DirecTV customer service number
- Why do I feel uncomfortable
- My ex moves on
- When is a computer programmer happiest?
- How successful are DUI checkpoints in general?