What are some tourist attractions outside of Tagaytay
7 attractions in and around Manila
Colorful, lively and exotic - in the capital of the Philippines, European and Asian cultures merge into a unique cultural mix. The metropolis is surrounded by a lush tropical natural landscape. What should you definitely not miss when visiting Manila?
1. Quiapo Church
Although the original Quiapo Church burned down, the place of worship is still one of Manila's main attractions. The basilica is best known for its black statue of Christ. It is carried every year in a large procession through the streets of the Quiapo district.
2. American Memorial Cemetery
Manila was under US colonial rule for over 40 years. This American war cemetery with its 17,206 graves commemorates the American soldiers who died in World War II.
3. Pagsanjan waterfall
If you are in the mood for nature then visit this wild waterfall. It is two hours outside of Manila in the middle of a jungle area. You can swim under the waterfall and canoe through the waters.
4. National Museum of the Filipino People
In this part of the Philippine National Museum you can immerse yourself in the eventful history of the Philippine nation - from the Paleolithic to the colonial rule of the Spaniards to the 20th century. Your ticket also gives you entry to the National Art Gallery.
5. Rizal Park
The 60 hectare park was named after the poet and national hero José Rizal. Stroll through the green oasis and marvel at the huge Rizal Monument.
Did you know there are active volcanoes in the Philippines? On this volcano you can hike up to the crater and cross the associated Taalsee with various means of transport. Don't miss out!
7. Coconut plantation Villa Escudero
This coconut plantation is an important part of the local agriculture. Learn about the local sugar cane and coconut trade, watch birds and go exploring in the rural village.
Schedule your visit
When is the best time to travel?
The rainy season is in July and August. It is hottest in May. The temperatures then rise to over 32 degrees Celsius. The months of January and February have the mildest climate and there is less rain.
How do I protect myself from crime?
Avoid scammers and thieves by only getting help from people you know. Keep your valuables hidden and avoid dark areas.
Good to know
- Best travel time
- Book your vacation in January or February to avoid rain and intense heat. The climate is then a little milder.
- How can I stimulate my hair follicles
- What is common to all great people
- Can chemicals change my memories
- Who is the most famous Purdue University alumnus
- What is the best mosquito mist maker
- Where do emojis come from
- Starting a business is a smart idea
- How do managers manage their projects
- How can I stay positive and focused
- When did workers' rights become law?
- Can you date your girlfriend
- Why can't neurons experience cell division?
- Does hypnosis 1
- What is frightening
- Humanity knows everything
- What are laboratory safety measures
- Why are farmers as important as doctors
- How is the South Point School
- Is pure water a solution?
- How is biomass used as fuel
- Was Trump humiliated in the G7
- Become a lieutenant in the Indian Navy
- Will I ever be married someday