What is the diagnosis of polymyalgia rheumatica
How common is polymyalgia rheumatica?
PMR is a disease of the elderly with an age of at least 50 years and an incidence peak between the seventieth and eightieth year of life. Women are two to three times more likely to be affected than men. Compared to Europeans, PMR is less common in Asians, African Americans and Latinos. A north-south divide can be observed within Europe: for every 100,000 inhabitants, between 113 in Norway and 13 in Italy fall ill.
What are the causes of polymyalgia rheumatica?
The causes of the body's autoimmune response in PMR remain unclear. Genetic, immunological, infectious and environmental factors seem to play a decisive role in the development of the disease. PMR is not contagious and is not inherited, even if familial clusters have been observed in isolated cases.
How is polymyalgia rheumatica noticeable?
PMR patients report an often rapid, but sometimes insidious onset of illness with a severe, general feeling of illness (fatigue, fever, night sweats and unwanted weight loss), pronounced morning stiffness of the muscles and joints for at least 45 minutes, as well as sore muscles and weakness in the neck and shoulder - and pelvic thigh muscles. These complaints can be so pronounced that PMR patients have difficulty getting out of bed in the morning, getting dressed, washing or getting up from a chair.
- There's a porcupine in New Jersey
- What is your favorite Punjabi love song
- What is meant by manual check 2
- What made you a better friend
- Neurons are round like other cells
- What are tokens in Python
- Why don't people like awkwardness
- What if you catch a suicide attempt
- Satan is as powerful as God
- Which fruit name ended with A 1
- Have a Twitter account
- What are the general conditions of the calendar
- What is an NPC
- What is autoclaved aerated concrete
- How do you measure a plate
- Are souls born again with soulmates
- Creative thinking outside the box hinders analytical thinking
- What is the abbreviation for building
- Can we reduce gynocomastia without surgery
- Javed Ahmad Ghamidi is a Shiite
- Which work of art is in the public domain
- What are arterioles in the kidney
- Why is the tech sector booming in Toronto?
- Can oxycodone kill you