Why is my newborn's stomach gurgling
Liquid belching in babies
If your baby is well fed and thriving, a medical problem is unlikely. Babies who simply burp and have no other symptoms do not need to be examined either. A doctor's visit is necessary if your baby
- spits very often, is noticeably pale, does not grow and does not gain weight as it would be normal for his age.
- Has pain - then he cries a lot, screams or often arches his back.
- coughs, gasps and clears his throat frequently. This could be a sign that the baby's esophagus is irritated by stomach acid.
- not only spits after a meal, but also when it is sober.
- vomits like a gush: the gastrointestinal muscles cramp up and the food is spit out again in larger quantities and with a certain amount of pressure.
- Has diarrhea and a fever at the same time: If babies lose too much fluid, they can dry out quickly and this can be dangerous for them.
In a few babies, liquid regurgitation can indicate a serious problem, such as premature babies and infants with conditions that delay their development. Frequent spitting can be a sign of bowel malformations, for example. In this case, the baby is also likely to vomit more often and have gastrointestinal cramps that can be felt or seen. Rapid medical attention is important when these symptoms occur.
The symptoms can also be caused by reflux disease. The backflow of food can damage the esophagus or cause respiratory diseases if food gets into the lungs.
- How can compound interest affect inflation
- What is financial aid
- Who is the most influential mountaineer
- Are there non-smoking casinos
- How big is the Wikipedia category diagram
- Is bacteria eukaryotic
- What is a mentalist
- What is a fund use certificate
- Keep your political views a secret
- How much does a Rav4
- Why did the Russians join World War II
- Why can't New Horizons orbit Pluto
- What is web analytics for beginners
- Epic architecture is dead
- Were there ever pirates in New Orleans
- What do you think humanity needs most?
- Which programming languages does Numenta
- Are the catacombs of Paris habitable
- Will pain killers affect the kidneys
- Can atheism be proven true
- What are multicellular organisms made of
- Is the hunt for sport unethical?
- How long is a dog's memory
- What are the most popular architectural styles