Where are bile acids produced and stored
Production of the bile
The bile is produced in the cells of the liver. These first release the bile into tiny tubules between the liver cells. From there it then flows through the liver bile ducts and the main bile duct into the duodenum. Shortly before this, the duct from the pancreas opens into the main bile duct.
This anatomical occurrence can lead to problems: if a gallstone clogs the opening of the gallbladder duct into the intestine, not only the bile but also the pancreatic juice backs up into the pancreas. This can cause the pancreas to become inflamed. In some people, however, the biliary and pancreatic ducts open separately into the duodenum.
The wall of the bile duct is muscled in the area where it joins the duodenum. When bile is not needed to digest fats between meals, the muscles contract so that it cannot flow into the duodenum. It stays in the gallbladder, where its water is withdrawn and it is stored for further use.
The consumption of fatty foods stimulates the formation of the hormone cholecystokinin in the small intestine. This causes the gallbladder to contract and force the bile into the main bile duct. At the same time, the muscles of the bile duct opening relax and the bile can flow into the duodenum. The autonomic nervous system plays another important role in the relaxation of the muscles - as in the overall digestion. Physical and psychological stress can affect digestion in this way.
- Should we be using the Neo4j database
- Galah cockatoos are cuddly
- How are rock concerts in Argentina
- Do you have Instagram on your phone
- What are surprisingly easy desserts to make
- Neurotypes may ever have people with autism
- Why North Korea Doesn't Have Internet
- Can Gsync be used with FreeSync monitors
- How to check your Iqama status
- When is a keyhole surgery recommended?
- Independence means zero covariance
- Why are conservatives so opposed to national health care
- What are some old math techniques
- What is the French term for?
- Can I apply machine learning to mainframes?
- Is Gmail an SSL or a TLS
- Who really wrote Charles Dickens works
- Illegally grown opium in the United States
- What are the best exclusive console games
- How long can a radio wave last
- When is the CA exam in 2020
- How do oral surgeons and orthodontists differ
- What are the best natural makeup brands
- Peter Fonda was a good actor