What brand are these sneakers
Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Puma, or Reebok, Converse and Veja? What is the most popular German sneaker brand? And which brands are best known? This is what the Hamburg-based market research institute Splendid Research wanted to find out and asked over 1,500 Germans between 18 and 69 years old online in June 2020 as part of a representative survey on 21 top sneaker brands. In addition, it was examined which image the most popular brands have and how high their purchase or repurchase probability is.
Not surprisingly, the Herzogenaurach brand Adidas is right at the front in Germany and achieved 65.1 out of a possible 100 points. However, it is only slightly ahead of the US brand Nike (64.9 points) and competitor Puma (62.7 points). Adidas subsidiary Reebok made fourth place with 52.4 points, followed by Fila (49.2 points) and Asics (41.2 points). Places 7, 8, 9 and 10 go to Lacoste, Skechers, Tommy Hilfiger and Converse.
Adidas just beats Nike
“The 'brand with the three stripes' not only has a very high level of awareness of 90.6 percent in the general German population, but also achieves a very good score of 71.8 in terms of the overall brand image. The brand image is made up of the scores of ten different attributes, whereby the respondents perceive Adidas to be primarily attractive (71.9) and in line with their own personality (64.0) ”, found out Splendid Research.
About the strongest competitor from the USA: "Nike is also only marginally behind Adidas in terms of awareness with 90.4 percent and is perceived by the respondents as a brand with high quality (75.5) and attractiveness (72.1), which also has a high innovation potential (72.2). "
The competitor Puma from Herzogenaurach secured third place thanks to its high level of awareness (87.3 percent). It was also associated with high quality (74.7) and attractiveness (72.4).
Apart from the top three, only Reebok (77.6 percent) and Fila (75.9 percent) have a brand awareness of more than 75 percent - the other competitors in the ranking of the top ten sneaker brands range between 55 and 61 percent, so the survey.
Younger sneaker brands that have built up a fan base have not yet made it into the top ten due to their low level of general awareness. The best example is the French sneaker brand Veja: “Up to now, Veja has only been known to a very sharp target group. However, with its focus on sustainability, the brand hits the nerve of many consumers and with its outstanding image has created an excellent starting position to secure further market shares in the future, ”expects Norman habenicht, Head of Marketing & Communications at Splendid Research.
Photo: Adidas Facebook; Graphic: Splendid Research
- What makes a car repair expert
- What is thematic data analysis
- Why Tamil doesn't use the word
- How exactly were muskets 100 meters away
- What is the Green Glory System
- What is the chemical composition of fiberglass
- On which platform does amazon
- There are product management courses
- How wasted electricity causes heat waves
- Should smoking be illegal
- Why aren't stars as close as planets
- Which artist sang the song Joanna
- The Carthaginians were a Semitic people
- Which college offers software engineering in India
- How safe is Korea
- How do living seat cards work
- The number of atheists is increasing
- Is a 99 Mbit / s fast internet
- How do I feed in my tweets
- Does Point72 ever accept unqualified candidates
- How did you stop eating late-night snacks
- Why do people want to be engineers?
- What happened to Visual Studio
- What is an Erling Stone