What were hashtags basically made for?
#Paderborn? So what is that? A hashtag!
Hashtags are currently on everyone's lips again are used in social media. Facebook recently introduced it, Twitter practically invented it, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn provide the functionality, and Google+ too. But: what are hashtags and what are they there for? A short explanation:
In terms of structure, hashtags are words that are provided with a "#" - e.g. #Paderborn, #Bielefeld, #East Westphalia and therefore quite easy to set. Facebook, Twitter & Co. convert these hashtags and make them clickable (it becomes a link). If a user now clicks on this link, the respective service lists contributions (also from others) who have also used this hashtag. Basically, the message is grouped thematically by the sender and the articles are easier to search for the readers. You can also use hashtags as keyword or Label understand that are given to a contribution.
On Twitter, hashtags are mainly used for current topics, events or during discussions. This can be observed very well if you search for a keyword on Twitter (also works without registration), e.g. #summer, #Tatort or #UCfinal. On Instagram, the topic is more in the foreground, not the current reference - so hashtags are primarily assigned according to topic. The "grouping"
It is not yet possible to say exactly how Facebook will behave - but it should certainly be possible to mix the two use cases. Conversations on current topics are supplemented with hashtags as well as discussions or contributions on special topics.
So: watch out for hashtags. When used sensibly, they can make reading topic-related articles much easier.
- Why are fire brigade exercises required
- How do i fix my ram
- Why are plates round
- Which characteristics define mass tourism
- How many walls are there in the universe?
- What are CCC bonds
- Why do Koreans have very similar names
- How can I maximize my sanity?
- What are IR contact lenses
- What is the best tree for Lucknow
- Who invented the mosquito clap?
- Who influences racism
- Can someone who is not confrontational be successful
- Content marketing is going to die
- Jeffrey Epstein will betray Trump
- What are the normal forms in DBMS
- What is the future of cryptocurrency regulation
- How are hormones produced in the body
- Buoyancy hovering railway sleepers
- What are the best PS4 fighting games
- What is Steven Smith's striking technique
- What causes wind
- How do doctors diagnose a virus
- Are oysters alive when eaten